Gofast Innovations Tool kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gofast Innovations Tool kits

Most of you know my company Gofast Innovations as an Innovative Canadian manufacturer of JIS screwdriver sets and Ό” JIS impact driver sets. As a Motorcycle/Powersports enthusiast myself, I’m always looking for the next great tool idea. With that in mind, I’m thinking of introducing my own line of toolkits. They would come in a waxed cotton roll that you would carry on your bike. Tools would include but not be limited to.....
    • 10,12,13,14mm wrenches/spanners
    • 10,12,13,14mm sockets and wrench
    • JIS screwdriver bits and screwdriver
    • Small roll of wire
    • Electrical tape
    • Vice grips
    • Needle nose pliers
    • Fuses
    • Tire gauge
    • Spark plug wrench
    • Zip ties

I’d like to keep the price around $50.00 USD. They would be perfect for new bike or vintage bike owners. Would you buy one? Any other tools? Let’s hear your opinion.

Cheers,
    Paul
    Gofast Innovations
    London Ontario
    Canada
    gofastinnovations@gmail.com

Attached Files
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Already have a supply of tools that i take with me when i ride so i would not be in the market.
    I suspect most vintage bike guys would as well, unless of course they were new to the "vintage" world.
    But i do think it would be a good item for new bike owners.
    I carry a couple adjustable wrenches large enough to work on the rear wheel 17mm-24mm. Probably a chain adjustment but maybe even wheel removal.
    Good luck with the new venture, Paul.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hey Paul,
      I’ll be in London tomorrow. Do you have a shop?
      Cheers
      Trevor
      No signature

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken 13mm isn't used by the big four Japanese motorcycle manufacturers.

Some sort of plug in screwdriver would be useful.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Most people have one cobbled together already, I bet. But ...That's right-No 13mm. at least there shouldn't be as far as I know but it works on imperial ..is it 1/2"? which turn up a lot with accessory bolt ons.

You might include an 8 mm for brake nipples etc.

it's an unlikely roadside project but well..maybe a 9mm to suit the valve lock nuts on GSX bikes (...and just possibly the throttle lock nut when synching but I'm very unsure about this last...

as SteveM said something is needed for axle nuts and adjustable wrenches do these ok....or you could include 17mm and other larger wrenches for flywheel-crank to set points etc... AND wheel axle nuts. These vary a bit among bikes front and rear too.
          The original tool kits are a good guide here and included an extension handle to suit more leverage.

as to electrical tape...well, if so use 3M not no-name. Actually, a really handy tape is REAL duct-tape...it's made of metal about 3" wide? and is high-heat. I've used it to seal a holed valve cover...might work on a gas tank too.

Or include jbweld....

If the "bit of wire" fit the commonly plugging master-cylinder brake relief hole that'd be a plus. A guitar or piano string could be a source....

Not sure Vice grips should be included. They are pretty desperate,last resort and ruin nuts and bolt heads. but on the other hand can do as brake or shift levers etc in a pinch...(sigh)

a very small 12volt test light or even a voltmeter would be fun and handy

Comment

What about hex keys?
            1981 Suzuki GS250T
            1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
            1985 Suzuki GS550E
            2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

I have the screw driver set and just order your set of impact bits.

As for the tool roll, maybe, I agree that $50 is a nice target price.

Keep up the good work, Alan
              '82 GS650G 27k
              '00 GZ250 5k "Pocket Hawg"
              ('98 GS500E 18k, new project - moved on to new home)
              '98 GSF1200 39k, new project, fixed the blown out spark plug, waiting on time
              '05 Moto Guzzi Nevada 750IE (the Pocket Hawg's days are numbered)

Comment

OR you can drop the wire, tape, fuses, and zip ties as any owner can buy his own if they see them as a necessity.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

The question could be :

is this a complete kit? I would need a chase car or trailer to hook on..

or an emergency kit, because there's only so much that A) are common day-to-day possibility or B) can be fixed on the roadside...

leak in a tubeless tire
                  leak in a tube tire (these need different tools...plugs for tubeless, tire irons and tube patch for tube tires)
                  wrenches to remove wheels, adjust mirrors
                  screw drivers to undo screws...(of course you've got that sorted! )
                  electrical glitches (fuse,tape, a spare bulb, simple test equipment , spare wire and a way to cut/strip the spare wire (pocketknife, pliers..?)
                  brake trouble ( the skinny wire to clean the port, maybe a quick leakstopper at brakelines though this has never happened to me a hoseclamp and rubber tape might do)
                  etc...
                  ....I guess a poll could be taken of what is were the most common tools ever actually used on a ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X