I'm back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back

I was active here from late '13 to early '17. Still have my faux '83 11e ('82 with '83 paint scheme), but it hasn't been ridden (or even started) since Jan '17, and I didn't feel fully qualified to participate being that I wasn't even doing any work on it. I would have felt like a troll.

Well, I spent the day with my accountant Sunday, and... it's on! Had to deal with that old argument, "What do you need two motorcycles for?" I countered with, "You have more than one guitar. So do I. Each one is different. And an 883 Sportster is completely different from a big-bore in-line four."

Eventually he said, "You've made your case. Go ahead and make it happen."

So I've got to learn how to use this site again, but I'll attempt to insert a pic of me and the girls when they were both on the road.
    I miss you guys!

(I've forgotten how to make the image full size.)

bikes.jpg
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

No signature

Comment

Thanks, Trev. I recall you had a beautiful blue '83 11e that got totalled. I seem to recall you got a GS1000 (blue and white?) after that. What's your current stable consist of?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        Thanks, Trev. I recall you had a beautiful blue '83 11e that got totalled. I seem to recall you got a GS1000 (blue and white?) after that. What's your current stable consist of?
        No real changes...K1300r BMW, the cooley, 80 gs750e and last year I bought a 2016 DR650
        No signature

Comment

Hey Rob.
          We thought you rode off into the sunset on your Sportster.
          Welcome back.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I was active here from late '13 to early '17. Still have my faux '83 11e ('82 with '83 paint scheme), but it hasn't been ridden (or even started) since Jan '17, and I didn't feel fully qualified to participate being that I wasn't even doing any work on it. I would have felt like a troll.

Well, I spent the day with my accountant Sunday, and... it's on! Had to deal with that old argument, "What do you need two motorcycles for?" I countered with, "You have more than one guitar. So do I. Each one is different. And an 883 Sportster is completely different from a big-bore in-line four."

Eventually he said, "You've made your case. Go ahead and make it happen."

So I've got to learn how to use this site again, but I'll attempt to insert a pic of me and the girls when they were both on the road.
            I miss you guys!

(I've forgotten how to make the image full size.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56788[/ATTACH]
            Welcome back Rob, but you hadn't need to feel like a troll because you neglected one of your mistresses. Especially a fine wine like your GS over that cheap beer your H-D. You should have felt like a traitor, a cheater, and down right low life scumbag. Just kidding. Half of the Vortex don't even own a motorcycle let alone a GS and they have no problem with being considered trolls.

I hope you ran those carbs dry before you left her all alone for that new hussy.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I hope you ran those carbs dry before you left her all alone for that new hussy.

"I hope you ran those carbs dry before you left her all alone for that new hussy."

Uh-oh.

Comment

Been wondering where you rolled off to, Rob. Glad to hear from you!
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I thought you were a troll when you were here before and you haven't gone far if your account has remained active.

You spend time asking your accountant if you can buy a new motorcycle and he questions why you need two? Is your "accountant" your significant other or what? Im lost on that

Comment

Three members said (to paraphrase), "Welcome back, Rob."

Then you chimed in. Why so nasty?

Comment

Welcome back Rob,

David.
                      2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
                      2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
                      1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
                      2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
                      1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
                      1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
                      1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
                      Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Three members said (to paraphrase), "Welcome back, Rob."

Then you chimed in. Why so nasty?
                        The only reason I can think of is if some people didn't have a nasty personality, they wouldn't have any personality.
                        Welcome back!
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks so much. I can hardly wait to fire up the 11e and show all those Harley guys (myself included) what a real motorcycle sounds like.

Comment

Welcome back, Rob! I remember when you were considering the purchase of your sportster. Have you been enjoying it?

Comment

I have been enjoying the Sportster, but...it's not an 11e. For me, there's nothing like an air cooled, big bore in line four with pods, four-into-one exhaust and perfectly dialed in carb jets.

I know it's no longer King of the Road, but it takes me back to those days. The Sporty is mostly just eye candy.

Comment

Working...
                              X