Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Krash's bike?

Any of you "Old Timers" remember?

Been a minute since I have been on here. Hope all is well in your world.

Car was doing 75. The GS topped out at 140 ish. Original incarnation of the sleeper *superbike*. Filmed by Paul C. hanging out the passenger side of the car...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57324[/ATTACH]
    rip krash........

Comment

Is what you implied true? Krash is not the luckiest of screen names, but did he in fact die on (or flying off of) his bike?

If so, rest in peace fellow 11ez rider.

PS My '73 Kaw Z1 was a widowmaker. My cousin's best friend died flying off it. The bike suffered a broken turn signal and a few scratches.
      Last edited by Rob S.; 02-22-2019, 04:51 PM.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah he died....We organized a bike raffle for his widow and the guy who won the bike gave to someone I think. I did a search and could not find the thread. Well any how we organized delivery ala daisychain and I rode the first leg from Easton PA to Jamestown NY. Then John from Ohio put it in his truck and took it from there. forgot what happened after that....been a hot minute since this went downSkipsBreakdown2.jpg is skip among st the breathing? This pic was taken during the 2005 E/SE Rally in NC

Comment

So sorry to hear about Krash... Bummer... R I P Buddy..........

Comment

Hi Patty

glad to see you still on here. How's you pinky tuscardaro GS1100 doing?pep helmuts.jpg
            Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2019, 03:45 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

Originally posted by jimboTuna View Post
              We organized a bike raffle for his widow and the guy who won the bike gave to someone I think.
              That is correct. Give me a minute to recall.....Billy Ricks was the guy who got the raffle ball rolling. Krash died in a truck accident. Not on the bike.
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

If that is the bike I recall, John in Canada won and gave it to Michael Howard in Richmond KY. Haven't heard from him here in years.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I still have a PM from Billy Ricks, dated August 26, 2006, about the raffle (he was the organizer).

"Wrench" won the raffle. He gave the bike to Michael Howard, and there was a GSR group effort to get the bike from southeastern PA to central KY. The raffle tickets were $5 each, and over $2,000 was raised with fewer than 100 participants.

There was some ugliness later about the final disposition of the bike, which I won't go into.
                  sigpic

SUZUKI:
                  1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                  HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                  KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                  YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                    I still have a PM from Billy Ricks, dated August 26, 2006, about the raffle (he was the organizer).

"Wrench" won the raffle. He gave the bike to Michael Howard, and there was a GSR group effort to get the bike from southeastern PA to central KY. The raffle tickets were $5 each, and over $2,000 was raised with fewer than 100 participants.

There was some ugliness later about the final disposition of the bike, which I won't go into.
                    Thanks Griff I knew someone would remember. That was a nice bike.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eshxq_qnYRY Through the Lehigh tunnel flatout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtgBOQM5XNE John heading to Ohio

Comment

Working...
                      X