SH775 Install Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
    I just did this process (the R/R is just dangling besides the bike though, the holes doesn't fit, Ill strips it to test and then figure out how to make new holes in the bike afterwards).

I checked the stator, all pairs were like 67 volts at like 3-4000 rpm. After installing it I got charging current up to 14.82 but it didn't increase after that even as revs increased.

Does this mean I am all good? Apart from having to solder the wires (I just used quick clips that is meant for indoor lamps to quickly hold everything).

I forgot to messure the resistance though, got caught up with the brake light being useless.
    14.82 VDC with a SH775? That's a touch high, but not alarmingly so.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
      14.82 VDC with a SH775? That's a touch high, but not alarmingly so.
      Yes it was a SH775.

I am not sure what setting the volt measure thing was on, I am a bit confused by them. I think the number was 20. The metre I am using is like, super cheap so I am not sure about its accuracy either.

The battery was completely full though (charged over night).

It seems my wiring harness in general is in a somewhat poor condition. The bullet connector for the fuel gauge broke off, and the wires for the rear lamp is barely attached (like visible partially broken wire several places).
      GS1000G 1981

Comment

Do you know anyone that has a multimeter that you can use to compare the readings with yours? The meter should be set on dc 20 volt range
        The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
        1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
        past bikes. RF900
        TL1000s
        Hayabusa
        gsx 750f x2
        197cc Francis Barnett
        various British nails

Comment

Havent done the Shindengen R/R yet although its o the list. One thing I have done with the standard R/R is to mount it on a bracket on the frame tubes just below the steering head where it gets a decent blast of cooling air. It seemed to me that the standard position under the battery box is a bit shrouded as far as cooling goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter#1266 View Post
            Havent done the Shindengen R/R yet although its o the list. One thing I have done with the standard R/R is to mount it on a bracket on the frame tubes just below the steering head where it gets a decent blast of cooling air. It seemed to me that the standard position under the battery box is a bit shrouded as far as cooling goes.
            Whin I fitted the sh775 it was mounted under the battery box been there for 4-5 years including a two week trip to Portugal and Spain in July 40d+ had no problems with it.
            1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
            past bikes. RF900
            TL1000s
            Hayabusa
            gsx 750f x2
            197cc Francis Barnett
            various British nails

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
              Do you know anyone that has a multimeter that you can use to compare the readings with yours? The meter should be set on dc 20 volt range
              I am sure I could get a hold of one that is more reputable.

If the voltage still reads to high, what would be the diagnosis? A DOA sh775, a fake sh775, a stator problem. an install issue or something else?

As far as I can tell the issues I had before with fuses blowing when using the kill switch, bulbs dying and dimming lights when braking has seceded. It is hard to be definite about the dimming lights because it is't dark here at all now.

The seller is reputable and the device has the letters printet correctly like expected.

This weekend I am visiting a friend and staying at his parents home, they strike me as the kind of people that have a voltmetre I can borrow. I will see what I can do.

As for the heat issue, four-five years isn't enough. The original shunt survived since 1981, if the sh775 fails before 2061 I will write a strongly worded post here warning about its shortcomings :P
              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
                I am sure I could get a hold of one that is more reputable.

If the voltage still reads to high, what would be the diagnosis? A DOA sh775, a fake sh775, a stator problem. an install issue or something else?
                i would get the loan of another multimeter and see what the readings are first before moving on.
                1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                past bikes. RF900
                TL1000s
                Hayabusa
                gsx 750f x2
                197cc Francis Barnett
                various British nails

Comment

Working...
                X