Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey gang, me again: Vapor Blasting In CT

Hey GS friends,

Feel free to let me know if it is inappropriate to post twice in the advertisement section more than once within a certain amount of time, I don't want to be a spammer!

I Just want to offer my services again. I run a vapor blasting outfit in northeastern Connecticut called COLLINS HYDROBLAST TECHNIQUE LLC. Local pick up and drop off works great but I am also happy to receive and ship parts from and to anywhere in the United States.

For those not familiar with vapor blasting (also called wet blasting), here are a few key points about the process:

1) Wet media blasting does not mar or impregnate the surface with media (whereas glass bead WILL mar and impregnate the surface, leaving behind trace amounts of media even after thorough cleaning). This makes it not only a one-step cleaning/finishing process but it also means that wet media blasting is safe to use on ALL internal engine parts.

2) As stated above, once a piece is treated in the wet blast cabinet it does not need to be “finished.” The wet blasting process leaves the part in a handsome matte finish that is ready to bolt back on and enjoy.

3) As an added benefit, wet-blasting seals, shot-peens and stress relieves the surface of the metal on the part, making it stronger and more resistant to damage than before.

4) As far as labor hours are concerned, there is no quicker way to restore parts to their prior glory. I can blast an entire 2-cylinder engine in anywhere from 6-10 hours at an approximate cost of $300-$600 (true cost depends on many factors). Meanwhile, it would take a restoration enthusiast countless hours with wire brushes, chemicals or other methods to do the same engine, and I am willing to predict that the results would be far less desirable than those of the wet blast process.

I just finished up some lower fork tubes from a GS650G for a gentleman named Guy in New York, I have attached the "after" photo.

So if you are doing a concourse restoration on a GS or just want to spruce up your daily rider, I would be glad to blast your parts and get them looking new again!

Check out my website www.collinshydroblast.com for contact information and more pictures.

Thanks for reading!

-Max Collins
    Attached Files

Nice touch on the fork tubes!

I'm just down some states from you...

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Collins_Hydroblast View Post
      Hey GS friends,

Feel free to let me know if it is inappropriate to post twice in the advertisement section more than once within a certain amount of time, I don't want to be a spammer!

I Just want to offer my services again. I run a vapor blasting outfit in northeastern Connecticut called COLLINS HYDROBLAST TECHNIQUE LLC. Local pick up and drop off works great but I am also happy to receive and ship parts from and to anywhere in the United States.

For those not familiar with vapor blasting (also called wet blasting), here are a few key points about the process:

1) Wet media blasting does not mar or impregnate the surface with media (whereas glass bead WILL mar and impregnate the surface, leaving behind trace amounts of media even after thorough cleaning). This makes it not only a one-step cleaning/finishing process but it also means that wet media blasting is safe to use on ALL internal engine parts.

2) As stated above, once a piece is treated in the wet blast cabinet it does not need to be “finished.” The wet blasting process leaves the part in a handsome matte finish that is ready to bolt back on and enjoy.

3) As an added benefit, wet-blasting seals, shot-peens and stress relieves the surface of the metal on the part, making it stronger and more resistant to damage than before.

4) As far as labor hours are concerned, there is no quicker way to restore parts to their prior glory. I can blast an entire 2-cylinder engine in anywhere from 6-10 hours at an approximate cost of $300-$600 (true cost depends on many factors). Meanwhile, it would take a restoration enthusiast countless hours with wire brushes, chemicals or other methods to do the same engine, and I am willing to predict that the results would be far less desirable than those of the wet blast process.

I just finished up some lower fork tubes from a GS650G for a gentleman named Guy in New York, I have attached the "after" photo.

So if you are doing a concourse restoration on a GS or just want to spruce up your daily rider, I would be glad to blast your parts and get them looking new again!

Check out my website www.collinshydroblast.com for contact information and more pictures.

Thanks for reading!

-Max Collins
      What did it cost to do the lower fork tubes that you used as an example. Examples of other parts blasted and prices might entice more folks to part with their cash.

Comment

Working...
      X