New addition to the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to the family

My motorcycle family that is. I brought home a new-to-me 2015 V-Strom 650 on Friday. I still love riding my Katana, but my aging body complains after about an hour in the saddle. I like going for longer rides with my wife so something more comfortable was in order. Should have it on the road Tuesday.

The new ride
    IMG_0063

Old and new
    IMG_0050

The fleet
    IMG_0048

Cheers!
    K

What a beautiful family! You must be so proud.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Great looking trio.
      Nice to have a choice in rides.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Once in a while, a manufacturer really nails a product. The V-Strom is one such critter; Suzuki got so much right with this bike... I absolutely love mine. Just wheeling it out of the garage puts me in a better mood.

I love the color of yours, and it looks like someone else was kind enough to spend some money on it before you bought it!
        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
        __________________________________________________ ______________________
        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I'm going to have to rethink my opinion on vtwin engines, especially the smaller ones. I've never been on one smaller than about 1100cc that where comfortable after about an hour.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

That Katana looks amazing, though. Whoooo.

Comment

Working...
            X