Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83' GS400E Canadian Spec First Bike

Hello everyone,
    I recently got an 83' Canadian Spec GS400E as my first bike. I am new to the forum, Have very little experience working on bikes but plenty working on cars. And I was just hoping I could get in contact with someone who has or had the same bike as me as it runs but the brakes and suspension have to be completely redone. I am simply having difficulty finding the replacement seals, o rings, oil, pads, tires, etc, etc and I was hoping someone could help or point me in the right direction as I do not have the original owners manual. Feel free to email me.
    Thanks

Welcome! Start by clicking the "sticky" link at the top of this section of the forum where it says "New members click here" follow the links in the first post, you'll find way more info than you'll possibly need! The Canadian model may have some slight differences from the US models but their close enough to not need too much specialized knowledge.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

The 83 GS400E is has several differences from the earlier models 80,81 that I have. Mostly it's the "look" of the bike(tank,seat,fenders etc),and the wheelbase is longer too..

The manual you want for it is the Haynes ...haynes manual.jpg

Parts: get the part numbers here. Many should be "findable"...you do take a chance where part numbers don't match but simpler and commonly wearing things like chains,sprockets,tires,forkseals etc etc will not be a problem. You might find yourself cruising european ebay. Specifically, at CMNSL link below, goto "GSX400"
      parts suzuki motorcycle accessories spares replacement aftermarket

Last edited by Gorminrider; 04-25-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X