Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young friend died in a MC accident last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young friend died in a MC accident last night.

His name was Hunter Karchner, he was just 21. No, he wasn't a member here. Up until a few years ago, our families spent a lot of time together, as my sons and Hunter and his younger sister took Tae Kwon Do instruction and competed in tournaments together. Hunter was a great kid from a fantastic family. His FB page showed a recent pic of a Ninja. I have no other details. If you're the praying sort, please pray for his devastated family. I'm writing this because I'm at work being pretty unproductive as I try to process this. Please, no speculative comments. Just be careful out there, my GS Family.

Here's a pic of me and my son sitting on the floor next to Hunter's mom and dad as Hunter breaks boards. My heart hurts.
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-25-2019, 10:21 AM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Prayers for him, his family and those close to him. Sorry for your loss.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

So sad to hear this story. Prayers for his family.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Sorry to hear.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sorry for your loss as well as his family's loss.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Losing the young is hard. I've been attended too many funerals of young folks. One was 12 and the daughter of my best friend. It's not supposed to be that way. Brings tears to my eyes remembering that day. You have my most sincere sympathies.

Comment

We attended the visitation last evening at their church. Many of Hunter's friends showed up on their motorcycles. It was very moving. As a parent, this is rough. Parent's shouldn't have to bury their kids. That's not how it's supposed to work. I don't know how his parents and little sister are finding the strength, but they seemed to be doing OK, considering. I still don't know any details, other than there was a car involved. https://www.adamofh.com/notices/Hunter-Karchner
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Really sorry to read this news. Sending good karma forward.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

My Condolences. I lost 2 MC buddies this year one being a very close friend and almost daily rider with me.
                  Been a tough year.
                  I can appreciate your situation and hope the best to you, his family and friends.
                  Best,
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Thanks Jedz and all.

Update: The driver of the car that backed onto the road, causing Hunter to swerve and go off the road was arrested for DUI for this incident, not the car driver's first DUI, as I understand.
                    When Hunter swerved to avoid the car that suddenly appeared before him, he went off the road. I don't know may other details except that it was his impact with a telephone pole essentially crushing his chest that killed him. He was wearing a helmet.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                    X