Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Anyone Ever Deal With A Cataract ?

Quote Originally Posted by bccap View Post
    On the surgery I opted to keep the short range vision in this eye to avoid having to wear glasses to read ...... So far I love it.
    It's amazing how quickly the brain will adapt, especially if it was a choice that you made willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by bccap View Post
    Many thanks to Steve who gave me the right questions to ask my eye doctor .
    You are quite welcome.

Always willing to share a tidbit now and then.

mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Quote Originally Posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Had cataract surgery 5 years ago in left eye and been having "cloudy/blurry" vision for the last couple months.
    Eye Docs finally open again and today she tells me it is scar tissue. Apparently it happens occasionally and not a big deal. A trip back to the Surgeon for a laser treatment where the break up the scar tissue and polish the lens. My right eye was done 4 years ago and apparently the same condition is occuring and both eyes will be done.
    Just a question to any other cataract repaired members....have you had the same issues? Did the laser polish work?
    Just had my last visit with the eye doctor . One hundred percent healed so I can now wash the sleep out of my eyes and rub them with dry with a towel ... Woo hoo ! And as nobody has answered Steve I mentioned the situation to her and asked if it was in my future. She said that it is very common and no big deal . Five minute procedure and you're back to A-Okay.......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Great feeling getting the "you're healed" diagnosis.

Thanks for the query and reminder Cap.
    Indeed the "laser polish" to get rid of the scar tissue was no big deal. One minute per eyeball, no pain, didn't even need to be dilated.
    Back to the excellent vision from post surgery. Doc said i MIGHT be back in 5 years.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Welllll.......I guess it's time for the left eye, dangit. I don't use that eye much, never have. Have never been able to focus with it, so everything I've ever seen with it is just shapes, no details. Howsomever, I closed my right eye the other day, and the left eye is foggy all of a sudden, like looking through dirty glass. So this time I know what the deal is, and what will have to be done. Not looking forward to it (get it? not looking?) but Reckon it has to be done. So tomorrow gotta call the eye doctor and start the process. Sigh.
    Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
    1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
    1981 Yamaha SR500
    1981 GS1100E

OK, so that's done. Got the left eye fixed yesterday, and a good thing too. I can't really see very well out of it, but then I never could. At least the cloudiness is gone, and the brightness level is restored. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread the last several years, it's very reassuring to read about others who have gone through the process.Thanks especially to Steve for the tip about rubbing near the eye rather than rubbing the eye.
    Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
    1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
    1981 Yamaha SR500
    1981 GS1100E

You are quite welcome for the tip. I figured it might save some damage to the eye. Not sure what it would take to fix it, but I'm sure it's not as easy as the original surgery.

It's about time for my second eye to be done, just need to get to the doctor to verify, then schedule it.

mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)