81 gs250t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs250t

I’m looking at a low mile GS 250T that’s complete with the carbs off. Thinking about fixing it for my wife or maybe me to ride occasionally. Any thoughts on this bike? Appears to be in nice condition.Asking 500.

Originally posted by red1100 View Post
    I’m looking at a low mile GS 250T that’s complete with the carbs off. Thinking about fixing it for my wife or maybe me to ride occasionally. Any thoughts on this bike? Appears to be in nice condition.Asking 500.
    Did you inquire about why carbs were off? To me, that's pricey for non runner unless it's really nice looking.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yep,waiting to hear back. This may be a flip bike and would be the smallest one I’ve done. I’ve done several Seca 750s and GS 1100s in the past year. The most I paid in like condition to this 250 was 600. Should get more info in a little while.

Comment

Hey, you're experienced at this, so just trust your instincts
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

It's a good little around town bike, not a freeway bike. Light and good brakes. I use mine for local errands. Most parts are available too except tire selection stinks.
          1981 Suzuki GS250T
          1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
          1985 Suzuki GS550E
          2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

Just waiting to talk to the owner. His wife sez she didn’t know anything about condition other than”it’s real pretty”. That helped me a lot.

Comment

If it's going to be a flip then $500 isn't too bad if it's in good condition cosmetically, looks are more important than function to most people. The thing is, how much more are you going to have to put into it and what price will the local market fetch? If you're in a college town or other "hipster" area you can get a nice chunk of change for an old twin, otherwise it's a 800-1000 bike fully functioning and going down the road in most places.
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
              X