Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
    Incoming!!! Shot this one out the kitchen window this morning. Bird in flight unfortunately was just slightly beyond my focus point. Oh well better luck next time.

Finches at feeder by soates50, on Flickr
    What a great shot Sandy!
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
      Incoming!!! Shot this one out the kitchen window this morning. Bird in flight unfortunately was just slightly beyond my focus point. Oh well better luck next time.
      I'd be very happy with that shot. Birds are very hard to get....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I really like that shot Sandy
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks for the kudos guys. Like Bob said, shooting birds is tough, especially in flight. The more I look at it the more I think the soft focus on the incoming bird works. Due to conditions and equipment I was limited to 1/500 sec. so even of it was in sharp focus there would have been movement in the wings. It shows that not all of the subject in a photo needs to be in focus all the time. I especially like the way snow with the bokeh effect resulted in a cool background and eliminated the neighbours house and fence that would have been distracting. The timing required for getting shots like this would be virtually impossible were it not for the high speed multi frame settings. A little burst here and a little burst there then see you what got. LOL.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

No signature

Comment

I've been doing some work in a McMansion lately. It's not my regular gig but the $'s good. This house was built in the 90's and fell into some disrepair. Other contractors tell stories of marital problems and drug abuse being the cause. I figured I'd better get a picture of this before the painters came.

There was another on a different wall that said, simply, "I don't like you."

I hope the new owners have better luck.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                I went to hit the like button, but there isn't one.

Comment

We definitely need a like or button on the forum. Beautiful shot, Trevor.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                    I'.................. I figured I'd better get a picture of this before the painters came.
                    Hum, a different version of "reading the handwritting on the wall"......

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Nice scene. Photo really shows clean shiny bike.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                          I've been doing some work in a McMansion lately. It's not my regular gig but the $'s good. This house was built in the 90's and fell into some disrepair. Other contractors tell stories of marital problems and drug abuse being the cause. I figured I'd better get a picture of this before the painters came.

There was another on a different wall that said, simply, "I don't like you."

I hope the new owners have better luck.
                          Wow... looks like it's in marker too...
                          We thankfully don't do much residential work, but the three that we do service regularly are huge mansions. One was built in 1886 and in a dark, unfinished area in the basement there are names of long dead workers written on a part of a plastered wall. The oldest I found was from 1915. I love finding thins like that.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

got out and about a bit early for Saturday breakfast.....

first, went for little bit of ride around....

to see sunrise over the river bayou.....

somehow, the pictures not as interesting as a few weeks ago.....

Last edited by Redman; 11-16-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Dave....You crack me up....LOL....
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I knew it
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X