Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be a Beech tree, Scott.
    Quite a few of them up here still have partial foliage. Noisy this time of the year, too.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Northern Flicker that's been hanging around the last couple days.

Northern Flicker by soates50, on Flickr
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Jealous.....Birds confound me....

Nice work!
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Lovely photo, Sandy.
          Curious as to what the Flicker is wailing on?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            Northern Flicker that's been hanging around the last couple days.

Northern Flicker by soates50, on Flickr
            Nice shot. Background obscured. Bird in full view and all nicely exposed.

Hum, haven't seen that sort of suet feeder. I suppose provided better access that the typical wire cages.

I got long lens mostly for birdshots, but mostly gave up on that shortly after.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Was clam, clear day again. Cold, 16degF, but calm.
              Thinking that with the clear sky might be interesting sunset, but nope, sun disappeared behind heavy clouds on horizon.

So went out onto the pier, cranked up the ISO, and waited for lights to come on.

P1130005 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1130015r by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1130049 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Ice is from when was cold and windy with waves splashing up onto the pier. And has remained cold since then.

Last edited by Redman; 02-17-2021, 11:21 AM. Reason: blabber more

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I've been taking pictures of my dog as of recent. She's just so dang photogenic and happy...
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz I can never see your pictures..wassup with that?
                  2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    I've been taking pictures of my dog as of recent. She's just so dang photogenic and happy...
                    Great shot Jedz. Ya, you can always tell what they're thinking. In this case it's, go ahead ....kiss me. LOL.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Thanks for kudos guys.

Bob. Yeah birds can be a challenge ...lots of throw aways for sure. Most of my decent ones are usually around a feeder or during migrations. Otherwise it's just pure luck. One thing that confounds me is putting together those still lifes that you post. I'm pretty good at spotting a decent composition and have the skills to shoot it but that's entirely different than actually assembling a composition.

Dave. The feeder is a big chunk of wood. We've used the wire cages for years but after moving to the city the crows are pretty good at destroying those. It was shot through our den window at a distance of about 12 - 15 feet so made the shot pretty easy. At what point does the ice load on that stuff you're shooting start breaking things? Great shots.

Comment

Thanks for kudos guys.

Bob. Yeah birds can be a challenge ...lots of throw aways for sure. Most of my decent ones are usually around a feeder or during migrations. Otherwise it's just pure luck. One thing that confounds me is putting together those still lifes that you post. I'm pretty good at spotting a decent composition and have the skills to shoot it but that's entirely different than actually assembling a composition.

Dave. The feeder is a big chunk of wood. We've used the wire cages for years but after moving to the city the crows are pretty good at destroying those. It was shot through our den window at a distance of about 12 - 15 feet so made the shot pretty easy. At what point does the ice load on that stuff you're shooting start breaking things? Great shots.
                        Curious, Sandy. I've only posted a handful of compositions, as they rarely work out. Only three-four I can think of, really. All of them took a lot of time, and I was rarely happy with them. LOL....

Even my latest one with Bernie is very flawed.

Actually considering signing up for this course: https://courses.affinityrevolution.c...-for-beginners
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

..... At what point does the ice load on that stuff you're shooting start breaking things? ......
                          Well, the pier house and the beacon tower have been there for over a hundred years. Are made of thick iron plates riveted together like old shipbuilding techniques. The pier house also has a big concrete base shaped like a ship bow to break any ice flows. Summer time view:

And the catwalk is almost a hundred years old. That too seems to withstand ice load, but does get bashed up from time to time by big ice chunks getting washed up against it. Portions have been rebuild over the years.

Comment

Well Dave. We have ice as well. Maybe not quite in the quantity you have though. We're just getting over a cool spell, minus mid 20s, so I thought I'd better get down into this local canyon before spring arrives ....soon right?

Mark Creek Ice by soates50, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                              Jedz I can never see your pictures..wassup with that?
                              Dunno dude... I use Facebook to host the pictures, it's set as a public post so you should be able to see it...
                              Maybe it's time I consider getting a hosted site, what do you use Lyle?
                              Great shot Jedz. Ya, you can always tell what they're thinking. In this case it's, go ahead ....kiss me. LOL.
                              HAHA I know! That's basically it right there! We are moving on to the 3 month mark and she is bonded to me and loves my affection. I definitely don't restrain myself in dishing that affection out. This is my first dog as and adult and it's by far the best thing I've done in along time. Thanks!

Thanks for kudos guys.

Well Dave. We have ice as well. Maybe not quite in the quantity you have though. We're just getting over a cool spell, minus mid 20s, so I thought I'd better get down into this local canyon before spring arrives ....soon right?

Mark Creek Ice by soates50, on Flickr
                              Both of those shots are great Sandy! It's hard to nail bird pics... And this recent ice/water shot... It's almost fog like /gaseous... Great pic!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Was clam, clear day again. Cold, 16degF, but calm.
                                Thinking that with the clear sky might be interesting sunset, but nope, sun disappeared behind heavy clouds on horizon.

So went out onto the pier, cranked up the ISO, and waited for lights to come on.

P1130005 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1130015r by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1130049 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Ice is from when was cold and windy with waves splashing up onto the pier. And has remained cold since then.

Dave these pics are great! I would swear your on the ocean... Stay warm out there!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X