X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    . . . . .

. . . .
    Apparently you did get the intercooler plumbing back together.

Nice picture series. Can almost imagine the fun of it.

Tell us about, what I guess, is European license plate on the front.
    I see the "BOB", and I was wondering if that was random, or selected, or specified.
    And I was going to ask about "ROB"... but then I figured the Bob - Robert, oh, okay, Rob.

Have seen a couple Abarths (recognized by big lettering across the side) around here, but were little things that reminded me of GeoMetro , and both had annoying fart mufflers, so something different than yours.
    Last edited by Redman; 12-19-2020, 10:50 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Apparently you did get the intercooler plumbing back together.

Nice picture series. Can almost imagine the fun of it.

Have seen a couple Arbaths around here, but were little things that reminded me of GeoMetro , and both had annoying fart mufflers, so something different than yours.

Tell us about, what I guess, is European license plate on the front.
      I see the "BOB", and if that was random, or selected, or specified. And I was going to ask about "ROB"... but then I figured the Bob - Robert, oh, okay, Rob.
      Exactly...It was mostly a test run for the new intercooler....Test was successful.

Your seeing Fiat 500s....They have an Abarth version. Same engine as my 124, funny little car....but pretty zippy, and quite popular.

The Euro plate is to hide the old license plate frame holes in the front bumper until I can have someone professionally fix it. You can get custom EU plates fairly cheap. I have a couple. And RobBob is what many of the regulars call me at lunch. Why? A long story for another time.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Raining out and yet it's still time to take a bath

Preening Mallards by Scott Baker, on Flickr
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Good to see Glen and Scott out on photo expeditions.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I saw the river channel was exceptionally calm THursday night.
            Was 25degF, but Went back with camera.
            Used vintage vivitar 200mm lens, adapted for use on more modern digital camera. Micro Four Thirds camera, so the old 200mm has the view more like 400mm in the full frame SLR cameras. Took tripod too (which I havent done in decades).

P1090689 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1090692 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

THen went downtown.
            About no activity there without even the bars open.
            With shutter delay, and 3 bracket exposure shots, and long exposure, a car did turn in from intersection during that time.
            P1090703 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
              Tell us more of this snowboard with the 1150 engine on it.
              Sounds like a beast.
              A $250 dollar snowboard (K2 172cm Eldorado) for an 84 1150 engine
              +forks+frame+ carbs & swingarm.

A snowboard powered hill climb via 2-stroke propulsion would be interesting to witness.
              Seems like it'd be right up Red Bull's alley.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Good deal there.
                172cm is a nice size. When I went from a 150 something to a 169, I was happily impressed by the increase in stability, handling...... and speed.

Dave, I love those night shots and how the red and blue lights break up the white. I'm curious- is that blue light actually green in real life? Disclaimer- depending on the shade of color, my perception of blue vs. green doesn't always match others', so maybe itbis green..
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

A cold outing yesterday morning.
                  http://Manasquan Reservoir 12/19/20 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    A cold outing yesterday morning.
                    http://.Manasquan Reservoir 12/19/20 .
                    Icesikles: Impressive scene. A good part of the skill there is noticing the scene in the first place.
                    Wondering what it might have taken to get into position for that shot. Great image.

Sand & ice : Again, noticing the scene is impressive. And good execution.

Sand: Ever notice that photographers are weird....?

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post

Dave, I love those night shots and how the red and blue lights break up the white. I'm curious- is that blue light actually green in real life?. .
                    I think that is actually the blue (i left camera on daylight or maybe cloudy, and no post processing of color or anything).
                    THe blue light is on an emergency call box. And the red lights are beacons (more modern replacements, not the old rotating Fresnel lenses).

You ask about the blue light, but I will take that as excuse to yammer on about the red lights too. Each of the two red lights flash on its own on-off pattern, but every minute or so both are on at same time for about a second and a half. I try to catch my shoot to have both on at same time, but that was made difficult on this occasion by having to use the delay shutter (concern for camera shake with long lens on tripod.).
                    Last edited by Redman; 12-20-2020, 01:45 PM. Reason: yammer yammer

Comment

Now that I finished my Christmas gifts for Charmayne, I might be able to turn my attention back to bikes. This cookbook stand is made from Curly Cherry with a oil-based polyurethane finish; the pattern I cut with the scroll saw is of an old abandoned farm house/barn and field designed by someone whose talents I am very impressed with (the cuts were very difficult to make). Besides the goose, see if there are any other things you can find in here

Bookstand Front by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Bookstand Rear by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Bookstand Side by Scott Baker, on Flickr

With a new cookbook for her as well:

Bookstand With Book by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Bookstand Side With Book by Scott Baker, on Flickr

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Beautiful work Scott!
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          ................................................th e pattern I cut with the scroll saw is of an old abandoned farm house/barn and field .
                          Real Nice !

If I saw that somewhere I would think was done by some CNC laser system or something.
                          And tilt mechanism also. Wow.

Scroll saw...? Each one of those places you had to take off the blade, pass thru, cutt....... repeat....?

Some fine detail work there, with tight turns/points.

Great work.

I have had an interest in how to take an image and make a pattern for making a tracing or cutout or something. Not as simple as I thought on first attempt (and never did develop anything that worked well, so haven't developed much improvement since.).
                          Last edited by Redman; 12-20-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Real Nice !

If I saw that somewhere I would think was done by some CNC laser system or something.
                            And tilt mechanism also. Wow.

Scroll saw...? Each one of those places you had to take off the blade, pass thru, cutt....... repeat....?

Some fine detail work there, with tight turns/points.

Great work.

I have had an interest in how to take an image and make a pattern for making a tracing or cutout or something. Not as simple as I thought on first attempt (and never did develop anything that worked well, so haven't developed much improvement since.).
                            Yes, the scroll work on the main board itself took me about 12 hours - 3 days at about 4 hours of cutting each day, to get through it all. It was a very painstaking and frustrating weekend process; one I enjoyed but was tiring.

The rest of the stand took another three weeks to get through as I changed my mind/plans a couple of times - it's what i get for not following my typical process

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Scott, that is some exquisite woodworking. Very impressive.
                              sigpic

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Here you go Redman, a quick project for some family members back west - Star Tea Light Candle Stands - made from some scrap Walnut and Red Oak and using a Walnut Oil finish. These can only support the battery or electrically operated type for obvious reasons but I have some patterns that can take real candles. I haven't removed the tabs to check the lights yet as I don't know how the Post Office will react to the watch batteries inside of them.

Star Tea Light Candle Stands by Scott Baker, on Flickr

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Working...
                                X