Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    This morning. I had just about wrote the photo walk off as a loss, but took a turn down a side path and came aross this.
    http://Details in ice. Manasquan Reservoir 1/23/21. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    I read somewhere an insightful statement that went something like 'sometimes we don't need new places, we need new eyes'
    1979 GS1000
    1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
      Thanks Dave and Glen. Dave, you of anyone would appreciate the 10 day, 120 mile paddle through the middle of the previous picture.
      It must have been an awesome trip in that valley at an average of 12 miles a day, downstream. Looks like, if the light line at the far shore is a level beach, there might have been some great tent sites. Cooler and folding chairs?
      1979 GS1000
      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
        I read somewhere an insightful statement that went something like 'sometimes we don't need new places, we need new eyes'
        True. I often get sucked into details when the big picture doesn’t work. I've been doing photo walks around the reservior since last June and while the big picture is always similar the details are ever changing.

This morning’s pic is in the short list of possible entries for the winter photo contest.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
          It must have been an awesome trip in that valley at an average of 12 miles a day, downstream. Looks like, if the light line at the far shore is a level beach, there might have been some great tent sites. Cooler and folding chairs?
          We did it twice, 2000 and 2002. Yeah cooler, lawn chairs and because we were in a national park had to share carrying a porta pottie with our paddling partners. Spent half the day drifting/paddling and half exploring side canyons, etc. If I was to do it again we'd paddle longer days and then camp 2 nights rather than breaking camp every day.
          Last edited by Sandy; 01-24-2021, 12:23 AM.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

New fungi, I've never seen before on a local walk in the woods.
            20210122_114436 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

That's cool, Carter.
              Had to look it up. "Hair Ice"
              A century-long puzzle over how delicate strands of glistening ice burst through rotting tree branches, like heads of hair, is closer to being solved.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I've never ever seen or heard of that. Nature is truly bizarre at times.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

70 Challenger by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

I have had this drawing for 45 years or so, A guy I went to school with gave it to me. A "Ratfink" style homage to my first car, a 1970 Challenger SE.
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Since I've been working from home for a while and it looks like I'm gonna be here a lot longer, I remodeled my home office at the end of the year.

Anyway, as part of the process, I'm covering the walls with photos of family, friends, and of course lots of motorcycle stuff.

By the way, I also discovered that Costco can print photos up to 20"x30" dirt cheap. Just in time for them to discontinue the service... story of my life. They're closing the photo centers in February, but I can still order prints and posters for delivery.

Anyway, I had a nice print made of my KLR atop a mountain near the Cherohala Skyway from a dual-sport ride in 2015. I think this is Whigg Meadow.

I didn't quite understand Scott's posture there in the background until I looked closely...

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                      I didn't quite understand Scott's posture there in the background until I looked closely...

Priceless!
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

LOL You would capture that "Moment in Time....."!
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Check to see if there are any real deal photo labs around. We have one that has managed to stay in business by doing commercial work, but they still do small stuff as well. I’ve been getting occasional 8x10s made for less then $3 each depending on the paper.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Check to see if there are any real deal photo labs around. We have one that has managed to stay in business by doing commercial work, but they still do small stuff as well. I’ve been getting occasional 8x10s made for less then $3 each depending on the paper.
                            I am limited to 13"x19" with my printer. (But I so want a 24" wide, roll capable printer....sigh...)
                            Printing is a lot of fun, with lots to learn. So many options in paper....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Wow, that's quite a printer, Bob.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X