Page 155 of 173 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1722

Thread: Random Photo thread

Baatfam is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Thanks for kudos guys.

Bob. Yeah birds can be a challenge ...lots of throw aways for sure. Most of my decent ones are usually around a feeder or during migrations. Otherwise it's just pure luck. One thing that confounds me is putting together those still lifes that you post. I'm pretty good at spotting a decent composition and have the skills to shoot it but that's entirely different than actually assembling a composition.

Dave. The feeder is a big chunk of wood. We've used the wire cages for years but after moving to the city the crows are pretty good at destroying those. It was shot through our den window at a distance of about 12 - 15 feet so made the shot pretty easy. At what point does the ice load on that stuff you're shooting start breaking things? Great shots.
    Curious, Sandy. I've only posted a handful of compositions, as they rarely work out. Only three-four I can think of, really. All of them took a lot of time, and I was rarely happy with them. LOL....

Even my latest one with Bernie is very flawed.

Actually considering signing up for this course: https://courses.affinityrevolution.c...-for-beginners
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Redman is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

..... At what point does the ice load on that stuff you're shooting start breaking things? ......
    Well, the pier house and the beacon tower have been there for over a hundred years. Are made of thick iron plates riveted together like old shipbuilding techniques. The pier house also has a big concrete base shaped like a ship bow to break any ice flows. Summer time view:

And the catwalk is almost a hundred years old. That too seems to withstand ice load, but does get bashed up from time to time by big ice chunks getting washed up against it. Portions have been rebuild over the years.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.

Well Dave. We have ice as well. Maybe not quite in the quantity you have though. We're just getting over a cool spell, minus mid 20s, so I thought I'd better get down into this local canyon before spring arrives ....soon right?

Mark Creek Ice by soates50, on Flickr
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Quote Originally Posted by Eli69 View Post
    Jedz I can never see your pictures..wassup with that?
    Dunno dude... I use Facebook to host the pictures, it's set as a public post so you should be able to see it...
    Maybe it's time I consider getting a hosted site, what do you use Lyle?
    Great shot Jedz. Ya, you can always tell what they're thinking. In this case it's, go ahead ....kiss me. LOL.
    HAHA I know! That's basically it right there! We are moving on to the 3 month mark and she is bonded to me and loves my affection. I definitely don't restrain myself in dishing that affection out. This is my first dog as and adult and it's by far the best thing I've done in along time. Thanks!

Thanks for kudos guys.

Bob. Yeah birds can be a challenge ...lots of throw aways for sure. Most of my decent ones are usually around a feeder or during migrations. Otherwise it's just pure luck. One thing that confounds me is putting together those still lifes that you post. I'm pretty good at spotting a decent composition and have the skills to shoot it but that's entirely different than actually assembling a composition.

Dave. The feeder is a big chunk of wood. We've used the wire cages for years but after moving to the city the crows are pretty good at destroying those. It was shot through our den window at a distance of about 12 - 15 feet so made the shot pretty easy. At what point does the ice load on that stuff you're shooting start breaking things? Great shots.
    Well Dave. We have ice as well. Maybe not quite in the quantity you have though. We're just getting over a cool spell, minus mid 20s, so I thought I'd better get down into this local canyon before spring arrives ....soon right?

Both of those shots are great Sandy! It's hard to nail bird pics... And this recent ice/water shot... It's almost fog like /gaseous... Great pic!
    Jedz Moto
    2016 Yamaha FJ-09 Tracer - Fazer 900 The Mule
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125 - Back road discoverer
    2009 Yamaha Vmax - The Ver'Monster
    2015 Kymco Agility 125
    1994 Acura Integra. The Cheap ole' Honda
    2017 Honda Fit - The Cheap New Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Was clam, clear day again. Cold, 16degF, but calm.
    Thinking that with the clear sky might be interesting sunset, but nope, sun disappeared behind heavy clouds on horizon.

So went out onto the pier, cranked up the ISO, and waited for lights to come on.

P1130005 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1130015r by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1130049 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Ice is from when was cold and windy with waves splashing up onto the pier. And has remained cold since then.

Dave these pics are great! I would swear your on the ocean... Stay warm out there!
    Jedz Moto
    2016 Yamaha FJ-09 Tracer - Fazer 900 The Mule
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125 - Back road discoverer
    2009 Yamaha Vmax - The Ver'Monster
    2015 Kymco Agility 125
    1994 Acura Integra. The Cheap ole' Honda
    2017 Honda Fit - The Cheap New Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    . . . . . I would swear your on the ocean...
    Well, when stand there looking at it, and know it it goes 70 miles to the south, 170 miles to the north and 90 miles across to the west and all that see is water all the way horizon, left, right and forward, it might as well be an ocean.
    Bad part about it that know are no roads to explore anywhere to the west, so cuts the riding area to half of about anywhere else.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Both of those shots are great Sandy! It's hard to nail bird pics... And this recent ice/water shot... It's almost fog like /gaseous... Great pic!
    Thanks Jedz. The ice still had some water flowing over it so using a tripod and an NDx6 filter allowed me to use a slow shutter speed to soften the water movement.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

I'm using Flickr for my pictures right now. Seems to be working but I've had to change free hosting services before cuz what do ya want for nothin right?

I also have some add ons on my browser that "fence" facebooks from everything else I do on the inter stuff. So I guess don't worry about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqjChIgzP5Y
    1986 yamaha fazer 700 - for sale
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Super Site Supporter

. . . . . . . . . . We're just getting over a cool spell, minus mid 20s, .
    Eesscccchhhh ... I dont want to know what that is like.

But I suppose not too far below normal for you, and if you want to get out into the canyons and/or upto the mountains that is what you have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Eesscccchhhh ... I dont want to know what that is like.

But I suppose not too far below normal for you, and if you want to get out into the canyons and/or upto the mountains that is what you have to deal with.
    Actually the temp was in celsius which would be around -13 F. which is still a good chill. Last week it dipped to almost -30c which is not unusual for winter temps here. Just not usually the middle of February. It is a dry cold though, LOL, and we do have nice warm clothes and know when to just stay home.