Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    . . . . . I would swear your on the ocean...
    Well, when stand there looking at it, and know it it goes 70 miles to the south, 170 miles to the north and 90 miles across to the west and all that see is water all the way horizon, left, right and forward, it might as well be an ocean.
    Bad part about it that know are no roads to explore anywhere to the west, so cuts the riding area to half of about anywhere else.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Both of those shots are great Sandy! It's hard to nail bird pics... And this recent ice/water shot... It's almost fog like /gaseous... Great pic!
      Thanks Jedz. The ice still had some water flowing over it so using a tripod and an NDx6 filter allowed me to use a slow shutter speed to soften the water movement.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I'm using Flickr for my pictures right now. Seems to be working but I've had to change free hosting services before cuz what do ya want for nothin right?

I also have some add ons on my browser that "fence" facebooks from everything else I do on the inter stuff. So I guess don't worry about it.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
          . . . . . . . . . . We're just getting over a cool spell, minus mid 20s, .
          Mark Creek Ice by soates50, on Flickr
          Eesscccchhhh ... I dont want to know what that is like.

But I suppose not too far below normal for you, and if you want to get out into the canyons and/or upto the mountains that is what you have to deal with.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Eesscccchhhh ... I dont want to know what that is like.

But I suppose not too far below normal for you, and if you want to get out into the canyons and/or upto the mountains that is what you have to deal with.
            Actually the temp was in celsius which would be around -13 F. which is still a good chill. Last week it dipped to almost -30c which is not unusual for winter temps here. Just not usually the middle of February. It is a dry cold though, LOL, and we do have nice warm clothes and know when to just stay home.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I failed to capture the absolute beauty of this morning. Fresh snow, ice in the trees, and beautiful sunshine.
                This is a mere sample.
                I arrived with three nearly dead camera batteries, and shortly after taking this, my foot broke thru ice.....
                http://Manasquan Reservoir 2/20/21 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

A huge difference in seasons. Taken from the same general place standing in the creek but closer to the rock only because I didn't like how the snow/ice covered my other perch. And yes, the creek was frozen over enough to stand on the water

From October

First Creek Falls 24 Oct 2020 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Today

Frozen Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

And looking back downstream

Frozen First Creek by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  sigpic
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

While looking for a pic for the pic of the week game I stumbled across this old one of me and my son when we had dirt bikes.

Thought I would share

No signature

Comment

He’s grown quite a bit
                      sigpic
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Two people in chairs near bottom left, just enjoying the day.

Comment

Sitting at my table and caught a glimpse of a tail of this Red Belly Black Snake. Thought it was a local lizard that comes inside, and had to take a second look as the tail looked darker than usual.......Got a hell of a fright. They are poisonous but there has only been one recorded death and that was a child. They will strike, as a defense without trying to hit unless really threatened. Spent 3 hours watching and making sure he went back outside. This guy was about 4.5' as big as they get.

Good thing about these is, if they are around then they keep Tipans away.....And those guys will chase you when riled, especially in the mating season and are real deadly if bitten.
                          Crop IMG_2617.jpg
                          82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                          Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                          Albums

Comment

Here is another of the local Fauna. A Cassowary, this is a young one as the crown on his head is small. Don't see them very often but this guy cruised through my back yard into the neighbors then back again.
                            Text Enhance B-6 c5 IMG_0150.jpg
                            Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                            Albums

Comment

Close up of the Cassowry's head
                              Text Enhance B-24 C21 IMG_0158.jpg
                              Albums

Comment

Crikey, as if the snake wasn’t enough, even the birds in Australia look like the could kill you.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                                X