Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Photo thread

I always keep a camera nearby whether at home or out on the bike. This afternoon we were getting a brief shower and I stepped into the garage and saw a Deer trotting across the neighbor's Pasture. She stopped while I went inside to get the camera and I had no idea what this pic would look like as it was at the limit of the zoom on my point and shoot Canon power shot. Feel free to post your best accidental or even intentional pictures here. I did not want to clutter the Pic of the week game.

IMG_4360 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

IMG_3387 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

I had no idea of the reflection of me and the bike until I downloaded this one.
    Last edited by marvinsc; 05-27-2019, 07:07 AM.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

The Wildlife is running wild here today, had a visit from Thumper.
      IMG_4361 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

And then Rocky Raccoon

IMG_4365 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Those are great pictures Scott. Not much going on out here at the moment to grab any but I like yours
        sigpic
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Mrs. Steve has food out for the birds and squirrels on the back porch. This guy has been coming around regularly.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Here is my wild life.....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here's the only wildlife shot I've got, leftovers of a mouse nest found in my airbox found just after getting my bike.

IMG_20180406_121506775.jpg
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Steve, there is a town, Kenton Tennessee whose claim to fame is "The home of the White Squirrels".

Visit reports, news, maps, directions and info on Home of the White Squirrels in Kenton, Tennessee.
                Last edited by marvinsc; 05-27-2019, 05:53 PM.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I like the first shot...it turned into something like a pointillist painting with the amount of noise in the image.
                  '83 GS650G
                  '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Thanks, as I said completely accidental.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Little funnel, I was out riding and avoiding rain clouds. While going through this small town with population of 323 I stopped and looked up to see which way to go and this is what I see..LOL . There was a couple of small kids, a little girl and boy probably around five years old on side walk and I ask them what that thing was ?
                      and they both said a tornado with out any concern and kept on walking,
                      few seconds later the towns sirens went off and the took off running LOL. seeing it wasn't enough to concern them but hearing sirens were...LOL
                      It was nothing and only lasted a minute, came from a small single cloud? blue skies and clouds strange day.

20170703_190146.jpg

Comment

Cats and deer hanging out, they walked away from each other when I pulled out my phone.
                        Attached Files

Comment

blue jay caught up in some kind of feed or dog food bag strapping? had to climb on truck to cut it off and free the tired bird
                          Attached Files

Comment

After freeing the bird and last time I see him before it flies away.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              Thanks, as I said completely accidental.
                              Another accidental shot from Sunday morning...
                              Lift Off! by Bob Thieda, on Flickr
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                              X