Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Between the mist from the water and low clouds, the light this morning was quite sublime and ever changing.
    http://.Manasquan Reservoir 7/4/21 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

Great shots. Seems like a fun place to revisit, with different conditions providing different scenes.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      Impressive.... great detail... great color.
      ANd Got bee facing directly at you (huh, I got dragon fly seeming to be looking at me yesterday morning.)

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
        . . . . . . By the way Dave, what camera did you end up with?
        Used 2016 vintage GX85, so can use what lenses I have.
        ANd thought my experience with the GX1 would be applicable. And it is.

But on my second outing . . . (oh oh, starting a story here) a lot of strange things where happening. Next day I see that my pictures are not pictures, they are MP4 files that are 1 second vidios. I had no idea how that happened, no idea how to get out of it. Bob baafam came to my rescue. (apparently I fumbled the Fn3 button). And I did figure out the MP4 files were 4K vidio, comprised of 24 frames of 3300pixle wide images. And I found the incamera function to save selected frames as picture files (the ship-coming-in pictures).

Now that I got the manual (advance manual), I can learn more . . . and there is a lot more to learn.

Comment

Some of what Cowboy Scott and I were looking at Saturday evening.

THis on north pier looking across the channel to the south pier

These from beach looking north at the south pier with the sunset behind.

Comment

Saturday morning doggie walk with wife and doggie in park along the river. Had 40-150 (300mm equivalant) on, perchance see an eagle that are along the river on occasion (I have yet to see).

Did see the dragon fly in a accessible position. He flew off before I got completely ready, but then came right back just long enough for a couple shots.
            P1160365c by Dave Redman, on Flickr
            I didnt ask why he wasnt holding wings in symmetrical positions.

Not really appropriate lens.
            Was operating at minimum focus, had to back up some to get it to focus.
            Maybe could have dropped down the aperture to get get a bit better depth of field.
            Last edited by Redman; 07-04-2021, 10:44 PM. Reason: yack some more

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Used 2016 vintage GX85, so can use what lenses I have.
              ANd thought my experience with the GX1 would be applicable. And it is.

But on my second outing . . . (oh oh, starting a story here) a lot of strange things where happening. Next day I see that my pictures are not pictures, they are MP4 files that are 1 second vidios. I had no idea how that happened, no idea how to get out of it. Bob baafam came to my rescue. (apparently I fumbled the Fn3 button). And I did figure out the MP4 files were 4K vidio, comprised of 24 frames of 3300pixle wide images. And I found the incamera function to save selected frames as picture files (the ship-coming-in pictures).

Now that I got the manual (advance manual), I can learn more . . . and there is a lot more to learn.
              Yah. I'm still finding stuff on mine that amazes and sometimes totally spins me in circles. You can set all those buttons with different functions. I set my F3 to HDR and on occasion accidently end up in that mode. Live and learn.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

This is definitely random.

When I saw Rich's pic with the bridge truss behind his bike...

it reminded me of a scene I saw years ago.

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Drove home from "work" today (didn't really work any) and these fellas had moved into my neighbouerhood.
                    GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . and these fellas had moved into my neighbouerhood.
                      You say they moooooved on in . .?

Comment

Hey, has been a week since posted beach-pier-sunset pics.
                        Well, almost a week.
                        (and, hey, we haven't seen any of Scotts yet.)

Last night Was a big dreggier in the channel, not so picturesque, so looked for other scenes.

P1160492 by Dave Redman, on Flickr
                        Last edited by Redman; 07-10-2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Interesting sunset, and lasted till actaull sunset.
                          THis other photographer stepped into my frame, so I included her for something else in foreground
                          P1160543r by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Later, in parking lot, at the bike, that woman was walking right past me. I could not think of some way to say "Hey, I got you in some of my pictures, you wanna see my pictures?"

Comment

You say they moooooved on in . .?
                            Looked like they were doing some mooowing.
                            GS1000G 1981

Comment

Nice "Other Scenes" Dave! 🌞
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hey, has been a week since posted beach-pier-sunset pics.
                                (and, hey, we haven't seen any of Scotts yet.)
                                Got home last night and made the mistake of sitting down on the couch. We are going to Charmayne’s baby shower shortly where I’ll be taking pictures there as well. Hopefully I can spend time developing all 400 plus pictures tomorrow.
                                sigpic
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X