Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://Anticipation by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The Proposal by Scott Baker, on Flickr
      sigpic
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

P1000874 by Tn, on Flickr

Fish Lake

P1000845 by Tn, on Flickr

Leslie Gulch camp site

P1000846 by Ton, on Flickr

Leslie Gulch camp site

P1000839 by Ton, on Flickr

Leslie Gulch

P1000840 by Ton, on Flickr

P1000820 by Tn, on Flickr

P1000811 by Tn, on Flickr

My wife likes to go to remote places and you can't get much more remote than Leslie Gulch in SE Oregon. 25 miles up a gravel road and about 10 miles long, it contains so many interesting rock formations that I shot over 100 photos in a day. We later went to the Steens Mts, and camped at Fish Lake.
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          .The Proposal by Scott Baker, on Flickr
          Hey, you caught the event well.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post

My wife likes to go to remote places......................
            Yah,,,,, I and apparently you found such a place.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Tried this on this bike . . . . . .

P1160579 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

was early evening, maybe earlier in afternoon would have the road illuminated better in the distance.

P1160563 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

PS:
              - Am liking the GX85
              - early evening with slight overcast (when looking in proper direction) was great for photos.
              - JPGs straight out of the camera.
              Last edited by Redman; 07-13-2021, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Thank you Dave.

Big T, i love the canyon shots. I'll have to go find out where that is.
                sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

It's NW of Jordan Valley, OR
                  Lots of info on the interwebs
                  No cell service, just a road down the gulch to the Owyhee River
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                  1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                  1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

IMG_5896 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Crop duster, taken in my back yard this evening.
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

A tiny frog on a shrubbery

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I was showing 3 year old grandkid "look at the little hummingbird".
                        She said: "THats a big bug, Papa, a pokey bug, it can poke you, look at it's poker. Doesnt have pinchers, has a poker."
                        I said: : "look how it can fly in place, and fly backwards. Listen to it hum and buzz. THat is a little humming bird."
                        She said: "looks like a big bug. It is a bug."

I will admitt to getting annoyed with her.
                        I commented that is good to have self confidence, but said that we need to investigate this further, (meaning SHE needs to look into this) and sometimes we need to realize that our first thought may not always be correct, and we need to consult an authority on the subject. (In otherwords, she should not argue with me, I should know more than she does.)

Well, I looked into it more.

And, ah, um... if it has stripped wings or translucent wings that can see thru, it is a Hummingbird Moth

So, um, er, ah.... she was right. I was wrong.

On another note: Pic is from my new-to-me iPhone8. And it also had a one second vidio too. (and I have since figured out to to turn on or off that feature.)
                        Last edited by Redman; 07-17-2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

2006 the edge of the eye of cyclone Larry scimmed Mission beach. At the time this was one of the largest cyclones to hit this area. Catagory 5 with some reports saying it dropped just below to a very high Cat 4

A few days later this went over carrying the top half of a power line tower. heard the choppa and seen what was going on. By the time i got my camera out the car had no time to do to much metering but got this anyways

Very cloudy for a week after the cyclone, done some light enhancements to help the contrast.

Had a Panasonic DMC-FZ5
                          F/4.5.....1/400.........ISO 80....72mm...........Pic has been cropped
                          Copy of P1030437 shpn crop enhance affects copyright.jpg

Don't have a hosting site. If someone wants to re-post that's ok with me. Or right click and open in another tab to get full effect
                          82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                          Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                          Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            She said: "THats a big bug, Papa, a pokey bug, it can poke you, look at it's poker. Doesnt have pinchers, has a poker."
                            I said: : "look how it can fly in place, and fly backwards. Listen to it hum and buzz. THat is a little humming bird."
                            She said: "looks like a big bug. It is a bug."

I will admitt to getting annoyed with her.

Well, I looked into it more.
                            Love this..........they keep us honest and make us humble.....
                            82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                            Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                            Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                            Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Hummingbird Moths.....we had them in Northern IL.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

From my Michigan trip

Point Betsie Fresnel Lens by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Point Betsie Fresnel Lens History by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Working...
                                X