Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
    What's the fxxxing secret to getting a picture posted here?
    See the link in my signature re: Imgur
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I was out today and came across some unusual ice patterns. This is actually two layers of ice, the top layer being totally clear with a 2 - 3 inch air space to the bottom layer. The bubbles and frozen droplets are on the bottom of the top layer. It was warm yesterday so it appears the original frozen puddle partially thawed and with freezing temps overnight the top layers froze while any remaining water was absorbed into the ground leaving bubbles and frozen droplets on the bottom of the top layer.

Ice Sculptures by soates50, on Flickr
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Great image Sandy. It's an abstract painting.
        1979 GS1000
        1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Agreed. That is a really nice detail shot.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This is a point and shoot pic taken last week in northern Sask. I had the opportunity to use a tiny wilderness shelter for a few days. The 1.7km, one mile snowshoe hike in, uphill with 28''of powder was a tough 4 hours. It was overcast and dead calm the entire time and the fullish moon illuminated the scene at night similarly to the day, just dimmer. The biggest impression was the silence. When standing still and looking out over big view the only sounds were my tinnitus and heart beat. Awesome.

1979 GS1000
            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              I was out today and came across some unusual ice patterns. .
              Ice Sculptures by soates50, on Flickr
              Nice, Sandy.
              And you could get into a position to capture some of it. Certainly found an interesting view.
              Thanks for explaining.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                . . . . . . . .I had the opportunity to use a tiny wilderness shelter for a few days. ....
                THe tiny shelter was there....? or something you carried up there....?
                You stayed there for a few day....?

Does sound like a hard hike.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yes it was there. I know the guys who built it. Its an 8'x8' insulated, shed roofed building with a small wood heater and windows all around. Cozy. You can see a piece of it through the trees.
                  The pic doesn't convey the odd but rewarding kind of experience the 4 days - three nights were.
                  1979 GS1000
                  1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

. . . . . . You can see a piece of it through the trees.. . . . ..
                    I thought maybe that was what I saw there...

So you carried in enough supplies for 4 days.
                    Carried? Pulled on sled?

Comment

The good wife pre-cooked the meals and froze them in individual meal sized foil containers that needed only to be heated on the wood stove. Coffee pot, mugs, cutlery, candles, snow melting pot, bow saw and ax as well as sleeping pads were already there. Food, sleeping bag and extra clothes, maybe 25 lbs.total, were pulled in on a 4' wood toboggan.
                      1979 GS1000
                      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

. . . . . . . . . .
                        Quite an adventure. Three of four days to yourself, in 8x8 cabin, in snow covered wooded mountain... Northern Canada, in February.

Comment

Very cool, Dave.
                          Did you encounter any wildlife?
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That's quite the outing, and the peace must be incredible. I can only imagine the beauty and calm of the moonlit scene.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              Very cool, Dave.
                              Did you encounter any wildlife?
                              Only rabbit and marten tracks on the hike and a single grey jay and a raven while there. It was quiet and still. Its hungry country in the winter.

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              That's quite the outing, and the peace must be incredible. I can only imagine the beauty and calm of the moonlit scene.
                              With your photo skills you would have gathered some superb images there Glenn.
                              1979 GS1000
                              1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

This is a point and shoot pic taken last week in northern Sask. I had the opportunity to use a tiny wilderness shelter for a few days. The 1.7km, one mile snowshoe hike in, uphill with 28''of powder was a tough 4 hours. It was overcast and dead calm the entire time and the fullish moon illuminated the scene at night similarly to the day, just dimmer. The biggest impression was the silence. When standing still and looking out over big view the only sounds were my tinnitus and heart beat. Awesome.

Great stuff Dave. Last time we did something like that was probably 20 years ago. An 11 km ski Into an Alpine Club of Canada hut in Yoho National Park. My heart feels your joy and my legs feel your pain. LOL.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X