No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught this out the front window Thursday morning....Just messing with my $15 resale shop camera...

Sunrise over the Smokies by R John Thieda, on Flickr
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
      My heart feels your joy and my legs feel your pain. LOL.
      Thanks Sandy. You get it.
      1979 GS1000
      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Caught this out the front window Thursday morning....Just messing with my $15 resale shop camera...

....Sunrise over the Smokies by R John Thieda, on Flickr
        Proof that its not the tool, its the operator.

Proof that a 12 year old technology camera is still great.

And you have a great view, and know how to capture it.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Wednesday the 4th,
          35degF, slight wind out on the pier,
          and I was prepared for that,
          no ice, so walked out a away, on just the part that is about 3ft higher than the further out part that is lower. Waves washing over the lower part.

Standing on end of the higher part.
          Posing selfie, looking to see that pierhouse and catwalk included.
          Heard a big sp-loosh

That wave splashed against the higher part, picture caught the splash in its early stage.... and then it got me.
          Splashed all over me, and water running over my boots. Ah, got colder real soon.

Oh, just to let you know:
          Yes, I do have respect for the danger out there. I am judicious as to when not to go out there, or how far to go.
          I know a guy that watched, from a distance, his photographer son get washed off the lower part of the pier on a cold winter day. He ran out there and threw a life ring, but the son was too cold and tired-weak to hold on, then disappeared with another wave.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Like today, just approached the pier and said "nope, not going out there"

P1110615 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Ice on the upper part, and water splashing up there. And waves washing over the lower part.

P1110652 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

But with those ice formations on the catwalk, I really wanted to get out there. But, Nope.

Maybe tommorow will be calmer wind & waters. But still will be 15degF. Ice on pierhouse is/will be great.
            Last edited by Redman; 02-06-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Received an almost 160 year old history lesson before visiting the site of Fort Hayes in Columbus OH; now a public magnet school for the arts

Fort Hayes by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Fort Hayes Arsenal Barracks by Scott Baker, on Flickr
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The wife asked me last year if I could spend some time converting some old pictures to digital and I finally got around to doing something about them. I didn't have the negatives just the photos themselves but they are now on my Flickr account for her and her sister

Camera Setup by Scott Baker, on Flickr

All photos by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Scott, Nice shot of the brick building. Can really see the detail of the brick work.

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  The wife asked me last year if I could spend some time converting some old pictures to digital and I finally got around to doing something about them. . Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  I imagine they will appreciate having those to share.

Comment

Winds calm today, waves calmer, but 10degF. But without the wind it was tolerable, well, except for the few times had to take off glove to fix whatever I fumbled while wearing the gloves.
                    Did make it out on the pierhouse.

Have already shown too many pier pics, but just wanted to show that I made it out to the pierhouse (big square one near end of pier).

Really wanted to get past the pierhouse out to the very end to to see ice formation on face of the pierhouse.
                    But, nope I wasnt going around on the lakeside, was waves splashing up there. And river channel side had lots of ice formations that were sloping down to the river that was waves of ice chunks. Just to let you know that I am not entirely crazy.

More pics and some story here:
                    Some here shot just 5 minute walk from home: Snow landscapes by Koen Demarest, on Flickr Snow landscapes by Koen Demarest, on Flickr Snow landscapes by Koen Demarest, on Flickr Snow landscapes by Koen Demarest, on Flickr These were shot in a nature reserve, where I lived close by and played...

Last edited by Redman; 02-08-2021, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Comment

Dave....You are crazy....
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

That ice is hard to fathom from here. It's been in the 60's and sunny. Very cool photos, Dave!
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

This caught my eye over the weekend.

Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Dave, thanks for the great ice photos. Reminds me very much of as a kid living on the shores of Lake Ontario. Trent, great eagle shots but somehow they have disappeared. Anyone else have that problem?
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Hey all. Been playing catch up from the weekend - emails, forums, etc Great volley of images from everyone.

It snowed again yesterday and I actually got out mid snow. I love the black and white in color aspect.
                                http://Manasquan Reservoir 2/7/21 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

http://Manasquan Reservoir 2/7/21 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X