Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Rich, Hey, sports photography.
    Would you be a past LAX player yourself? Or a involved Dad that got recruited to be a youth coach with no experience?
    The latter. Due in large part to my dad’s involvement with such things, there were 2 thing that I wanted to be as a dad of 2 boys: a Scout leader, and a youth sports coach. I’ve been a Cub/Boy Scout leader since 2007, and have always loved Scouting. I have one Eagle Scout and another well on his way; Started with T-ball and coach-pitch baseball, then when my older son was 8 or 9 we discovered lacrosse. I had no experience other than having watched a few games on ESPN when I was a kid, didn’t have the first clue what the rules even were. But the whole family fell in love with the sport. I attended a bunch of coaching clinics, and it’s been all lax, all the time, ever since.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Congratulations for your son; it's one sport my high school never had nor do I understand it but I'm sure it's not an easy one.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Lacrosse, for those unfamiliar with the sport, is considered “the fastest game on 2 feet”. We’re fortunate to have 2 DI lax schools very close by: Bucknell U and Penn State. During non COVID years, Bucknell is literally 10 minutes away and games are free. PSU is an hour, and charges a small admission. Most colleges, for now, have very limited fan admittance. Some allowing no fans at all. College games are very exciting. I highly recommend, if you have even a small college nearby, and it’s allowed, go watch a game.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-09-2021, 09:29 AM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Congratulations Rich. Proud Papa moments are great.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Good for you Rich.

i let the local youth soccer league talk me into volunteering, so I check the box for “willing to help at practice”, then I was sent info for my “duties as assistant coach”. Then the coach told me what weeks he was going to be out of town. So, yah, some learning since I never played. A couple clinics. So that was the next several years for two kids. I untill neither made the high school team (with some mutterings about thier coaching).
            We also got them into swimming . . . And that led into water polo for both of them, and rugby for one. And rowing for other. Including two years of MSU Big Ten water polo competition, and 4 years of college to rowing. Was good for them.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I received a phone call from the mail room of the Dayton VA Hospital today saying they had a package for me. After getting the okay from the boss (we have to tell them whenever we go into the hospital since COVID started), I rode the bike out and picked this up. It says 30 years of total Federal service although technically it's closer to 32: 20 years active duty AF, 2 years as a government contractor, and then another 10 years as a Government Civilian (1 year AF and 9 years VA). I miss the days when they would hand this to you in person but since we are a national team (folks everywhere from Hawaii out to New Jersey on our team) it's still nice to get.

30 Years Service by Scott Baker, on Flickr

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Big congratulations to the Honourable Mr. Scott Baker. WooHoo to you.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Congratulations. 30 years is impressive.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Well done, Scott.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Congrats , Scott!
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Very nice, Scott....

(Need that like button)
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thank you everyone. It's been an interesting start of my life ; wonder what the next 30 years will bring?

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Yeah really. I’m wondering the same lately. This spring will be 30 years for me working at the same shop. Pretty rare thing in the HVAC world.
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              Yeah really. I’m wondering the same lately. This spring will be 30 years for me working at the same shop. Pretty rare thing in the HVAC world.
                              HVAC I have a question for you. Who makes the best residential central air units that are not over priced.
                              1981 GS1100E
                              1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Congratulations Scott. I had been teaching evening adult education courses in cabinetmaking at a local community college since 79. A few years ago I received a letter and a pin in the mail for 20 years of service! Don't know what happened to the other 20!

Comment

Working...
                                X