Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stunning Sandy...........
    82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
    Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
    Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
    Albums

Comment

Agreed. .
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Hum,.. "late 90s"... so maybe not CAD, possibly so but probably not.... or was it?
        Impressive either way. THe more that look at it, the more that see, hey, this lines up with that....
        Dave, the class was called 2d design, and was a part of the required photography courses. We would be given a set of instructions and had to (try) to get them on paper. That drawing was done in fine point pen. Not ball point pen.
        The class was difficult at times, but enjoyable.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
          Well the sun came out, the snow stopped (we had about 3 feet in the last 2 weeks) and temps came up to balmy -18C (about 0F) this AM so we had to get and make tracks. Lucky for us it looks like someone was here a few days ago..

Wycliffe Prairie Lookout by soates50, on Flickr
          Impressive shots of great scence that you found.

Temps came up to 0degF ! !

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            . . . . . .That drawing was done in fine point pen. . . . . . .
            Ew, that took some good imagintive ideas, and with ink on paper that took some pre-planning.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'm back to scanning what's left of a mountain of old slides. Had kind of had a tough time tonight. My old hiking partner at age 3 in 2001. Lived to ripe old age of 13. This was from a 3 day backpacking trip into some local mountains just south of The Bugaboos.

20010708 Tiger Pass033-Edit.jpg by soates50, on Flickr

20010708 Tiger Pass065-Edit.jpg by soates50, on Flickr
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Beautiful and bittersweet.
                sigpic

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Memories....I am almost done with a five year scanning project. Mostly Mom and Dad's slide/negatives. They do get you emotional sometimes.

Nice photos, nice scans. What are you using to scan with? And what software?
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    Memories....I am almost done with a five year scanning project. Mostly Mom and Dad's slide/negatives. They do get you emotional sometimes.

Nice photos, nice scans. What are you using to scan with? And what software?
                    Thanks Bob and Glen. I'm using an Epson V850 Pro with the Epson software it came with. I scan the slides at 3200 dpi and only use the ICE setting set at quality vs speed, no other setting. I save sharpening, etc for Lightroom. Only adjustment in Lightroom was Auto and some minor colour tweaking after that. I did run them through Topaz Noise with a fairly low setting to bring out some better detail in Monty. With digital I'm surprised how I've gotten somewhat sloppy over the years with my photography. These photos are pretty much uncropped and uneditted except for the minor the adjustments mentioned. I seem to be spending more screen time on my digital photos lately. This year I have gone back to using some filters on the camera including a polarizer instead of relying on software to correct things and will be spending more time behind the viewfinder to nail the composition better.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Thanks Bob and Glen. I'm using an Epson V850 Pro with the Epson software it came with. I scan the slides at 3200 dpi and only use the ICE setting set at quality vs speed, no other setting. I save sharpening, etc for Lightroom. Only adjustment in Lightroom was Auto and some minor colour tweaking after that. I did run them through Topaz Noise with a fairly low setting to bring out some better detail in Monty. With digital I'm surprised how I've gotten somewhat sloppy over the years with my photography. These photos are pretty much uncropped and uneditted except for the minor the adjustments mentioned. I seem to be spending more screen time on my digital photos lately. This year I have gone back to using some filters on the camera including a polarizer instead of relying on software to correct things and will be spending more time behind the viewfinder to nail the composition better.
                      Very nice scanner...I like that it does other formats.

I use a plustek 8200i SE I bought about 6 years ago. Works nice, but I am limited to slides, and 35mm, 126, or 110 negatives.
                      At this point, I have over 6800 scanned photos, between mine, and my parents stuff.

I scan at 7200 dpi using a third party software, VueScan, which isn't very expensive and works very well.
                      I try to set the white balance as close as possible in the scanning software, otherwise some of the old, discolored stuff is hard to fix.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I got out yesterday morning, then was busy all day.
                        It was nice to get back to the reservoir after many months away. It was 9° (F) yesterday morning and I was able to find some ice details..... nothing like Dave's though..
                        I shot mostly in B&W, but there were a few shots in color.
                        http://Ice by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Wow Glen; fantastic. Except for the snow last night, we haven't seen much of a wintery weather this year; still downright cold though.

While cutting a backer to a clock my friend is making for his wife, I noticed this feature with some of the most evil looking intent (not really but it was pretty funny in that sense).

Face by Scott Baker, on Flickr

The finished piece as far as my part is concerned. He wanted an acanthus design but with the short time frame preventing us from carving the detail required, we went this route instead.

Finished backer by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                          sigpic
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks. Nice work on the clock. The difference between the rough cut and finished piece is amazing.
                            I torpedoed some of my shots yesterday by shooting with the adapted lens at a wide aperature causing some areas of soft focus, but It looks I can crop my way out of it....
                            Last edited by dorkburger; 01-17-2022, 01:31 PM.
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

.....................This was from a 3 day backpacking trip into some local mountains just south of The Bugaboos.
                              20010708 Tiger Pass033-Edit.jpg by soates50, on Flickr
                              20010708 Tiger Pass065-Edit.jpg by soates50, on Flickr
                              Sandy, So many great things about these shots. THe general scene, the dog sitting so niclely, the over all composition, the color, the sunshine, the sky, the mountains, the folage , just such great pictures, in adition to the memorys it must present with the dog......

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                . . . . . . . . . . . and I was able to find some ice details.....

Ice by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                Yikes, single digit temps, out in a remote natural wet area.

Not only did you find ice detail, you found a series of ice details, and managed to capture them well. Intersting shot. Wonder what sort of situation you found that, maybe had to stand on your head to get view of it.

I found an ice detail the other day, just out my back door, off the eves at roof valley, I could just stand there with it right in front of me, sun glistning thru, mostly wide enough to fill most of frame (if up close), a few air bubbles and some shapes, some crystal clear and some textures . . . . messed around with differnt lenses, differnt aperatures . . . . daaaah, nothing intersting in the shots.
                                So I went back to large scale scenes (2000ft pier).

You're the guy for ice details.

Comment

Working...
                                X