Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, I’m loving the pier shots.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

DD5B3E9B-1B1B-474C-9C9F-C65614454775.jpg
      I love living here.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Dave, I’m loving the pier shots.
        He really has a handle on the spot, that's for sure. Great stuff!
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          Great shot Bob. Especially like the background composition. We've still got another month before we see anything like that.
          Last edited by Sandy; 03-11-2021, 11:58 AM.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            Great shot Bob. Especially like the background composition. We've still got another month before we see anything like that.
            Thanks....I've been out there several times, but I got lucky this time.

Comment

Something for a different forum...

Empty Space by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

Screenshot_20210130-050417_Chrome.jpg

Dr.seuss not so popular art
                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                1982 XS650

Comment

Not my photo. Driver was unharmed (some cuts from the grass and fur in her mouth). I just found it incredible.
                  GS1000G 1981

Comment

Wow, talk about having a bad night. Is that as common as our deer issues during the rut?
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Wow, talk about having a bad night. Is that as common as our deer issues during the rut?
                      It is far too common. I am not sure how your deer issue is though.
                      GS1000G 1981

Comment

years ago when fishing at the top of Cape York in Aus, place called Bamaga. Catching catfish after catfish, (about 4 of them), a White-Bellied Sea-Eagle was sitting in a tree watching me. Threw the dead fish back and crouched beside my ute. Set the camera on bust, (old Panasonic 6.5 Mp 4 frames per second), this was before they had all the whizzbangs like GPs and auto cloud send/capture, so for a 6.5 mp it actually took good pics.

Camera was stationary, (Hand held), focused on the dead fish in the water. Got 2 pics of the eagle just before and after she grabbed the fish.........Joined both the pics with a program i got with my cannon EOS 550D

,,, P1090273 - Copy.jpg

I was a bit lucky with the burst, manual action and hit the shutter just as i saw her come into view. The first pic was her just in the frame and the second was just before she was out of the frame. Ist time the eagle came in for the fish she saw me, flew off and sat in the tree for a bit. This was the second time around
                        Last edited by 650Skull; 03-14-2021, 12:49 AM.
                        82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                        Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                        Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                        Albums

Comment

Here is another of the White-Bellied Sea-Eagle around Bamaga. Cloudy day but still quite bright...........About 7 or 8 Whistling Kites were cruising up and down the shore line looking for fish. I lay on my back and took a heap of pics looking for that good one.......A white-bellied Sea-Eagle came cruising up through the middle of them, Like a mac truck amongst a bunch of cars.......
                          Original pic
                          , w P1090183h ,.jpg
                          Whistling Kite has a wingspan of 3 to 3 1/2ft........White-bellied Sea-Eagle is up to, 6 or 7ft
                          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                          Albums

Comment

Crop'd and enhanced..........can see the interaction between the two birds......note how the sea-eagle has stretched out its wing. If those wing tip feathers hit the kite it would break its wing or damage its feathers

arcsoft enhance x Copy of P1090183.jpg
                            Albums

Comment

Wow. It's all about timing isn't it. Great sbots.
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

That is very cool stuff. I guess you get to see a lot of that kind of thing while out fishing.
                                Dogma
                                --
                                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                                '80 GS850 GLT
                                '80 GS1000 GT
                                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                                X