Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    THis morning, calm, but 18degF. All ice. Put on my boot chains.
    I always enjoy your pics of the lake Dave. No more security guard to tell ya to shoo???
    Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
    1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
      . . . . . . . . No more security guard to tell ya to shoo???
      THat would be city police that you saw in a prevoius posting a few weeks ago. Was about the same time of day (about 8 or 9AM) Monday (1st pic), so thought I might be seeing another cop dispatched to close/lock the gates.
      Later in the day (2nd pic), was windier and more waves yet, cop would have needed hip boots (or jump along the rocks, like I did earlier that morning).
      Last edited by Redman; 12-08-2021, 03:34 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Good morning!
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          Good morning!
          That's a beauty of a pic Bob. And good morning to you sir!
          Ryan

Comment

The first of the two Christmas gifts I'm making this year is done. My younger daughter has asked me for the last couple of years to make a frame for a puzzle she'd finished but I drug my feet until I could find and pick up a Logan V-Nailer, point setter, and mat board cutting tool. Plus I really like the look of the Ambrosia maple so had to get more of it from the guy I use.

Cheyenne Picture Frame Gift by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Also making a musical jewelry box for the granddaughter which should be done in another week or so.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              The first of the two Christmas gifts I'm making this year is done.
              Nice !

. . . . . . . .Logan V-Nailer, point setter, and mat board cutting tool. . . . . . . Ambrosia maple ....
              I know what one of those four are.
              THe mat cutter handy for custom size matts.

Also making a musical jewelry box for the granddaughter ........
              Do show us that when done.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Scott, I'm always impressed with your woodworking skills. Another nice one.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

As a whole yesterday was a sh1tshow, but the 20 minutes spent here walking in the fog were pure bliss.

http://Hunterdon county NJ by Glen Brenner,
                  Last edited by dorkburger; 12-12-2021, 05:20 PM.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    As a whole yesterday was a sh1tshow, but he 20 minutes spent here walking in the fog were pure bliss.

http://Hunterdon county NJ by Glen Brenner,
                    Nice one Glen. Creepy and beautiful at the same time. Right up my alley.
                    Ryan

Comment

Fabulous shot Glen. Love the balance and simplicity.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                        Fabulous shot Glen. Love the balance and simplicity.
                        Agreed!
                        Glen, you have an eye for this stuff, no doubt...

Comment

Here's a random photo....
                          My first Christmas gift arrived yesterday....Can't wait to get at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Here's a random photo....
                            My first Christmas gift arrived yesterday....Can't wait to get at it.

You're going to enjoy those books Bob, no doubt. Like so many others, I have such fond memories of reading The Far Side. In the Sunday paper's comic section when I was a kid and then, later on, in big books that encompassed years worth of content, like you have here.
                            Last edited by RustyTank; 12-12-2021, 03:35 PM.
                            Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
                              You're going to enjoy those books Bob, no doubt. Like so many others, I have such fond memories of reading The Far Side. In the Sunday paper's comic section when I was a kid and then, later on, in big books that encompassed years worth of content, like you have here.
                              I've always been a big fan.
                              This is suppose to be everything...
                              From the 'blurb:
                              A masterpiece of comic brilliance, The Complete Far Side contains every Far Side cartoon ever syndicated--over 4,000 if you must know--presented in (more or less) chronological order by year of publication, with more than 1,100 that had never before appeared in a book. Also included are additional Far Side cartoons Larson created after his retirement: 13 that appeared in the last Far Side book, Last Chapter and Worse, and six cartoons that periodically ran as a special feature in the New York Times Science Times section as The Far Side® of Science. Creator Gary Larson offers a rare glimpse into the mind of The Far Side® in quirky and thoughtful introductions to each of the 14 chapters. Complaint letters, fan letters, and queries from puzzled readers appear alongside some of the more provocative or elusive panels. Actor, author, and comedian Steve Martin offers his sagacious thoughts in a foreword, and Larson’s former editor describes what it was like to be “the guy who could explain every Far Side cartoon.”

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. Rusty, I didn’t find it creepy in the least. The fog was so thick and it was so quiet that it was like a blanket of tranquility. It was a bit surreal.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X