Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    This caught my eye over the weekend.

This is cool. Im guessing an aquarium or similar?
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Proof that its not the tool, its the operator.

Proof that a 12 year old technology camera is still great.

And you have a great view, and know how to capture it.
      Just like an old sportbike. In the right hands, its still eminently capable.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Sort of, yeah. It's my wife's last-ditch effort to save a plant. Or maybe an aquatic burial if it doesn't work. LOL
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

We picked up four inches of snow last night so of course I had to go play in it today. Borrowed the youngest step-son's last remaining toys he had

Trucks Climbing Snow by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Trucks Racing Up Snow by Scott Baker, on Flickr
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Fly on the wall... I love this thread, agree with Bob, Dave your friggin crazy!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Love those shots Cowboy. Once a gear head, always a gear head. LOL.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka.
                  Had to look that up. That's funny.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

For a photo challenge in a different forum, but kinda fun...

Voigtlanders by R John Thieda, on Flickr
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Had some actual sunshine this morning.. (10degF)
                      P1120529 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

And, yes, made it past the pier house
                      But being morning, was not sun on that side. Afternoon would have sun in better direction, but was foracst to be back to normal overcast, and I had other stuff going on.

Did get out late in the afternoon
                      P1120549r by Dave Redman, on Flickr

and evening twilight
                      P1120669 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave, I swear I saw your pier on the CBS morning news the other day....talkin' about the weather in MI.

Comment

For those of us who are mesmerized by reflections, the evening twilight image nailed it Redman.

The pier has many faces from raw to tranquil. I can see why you keep going back there.
                          1979 GS1000
                          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Went out to the VA hospital Grotto tonight and found a couple of interesting patterns in the ice of one pond

Grotto Pond Ice Pattern by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Grotto Pond Ice by Scott Baker, on Flickr

And then of course had to get a sunset shot

Sunset over Dayton VA Grotto by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                            sigpic
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I like the second one quite a bit....very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                                The pier has many faces from raw to tranquil. . . . . . .
                                You have such a manner of describing things.
                                Yah, is so big, concrete and iron, out into the lake. Lake that can be calm, or can be battering the pier.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                Dave, I swear I saw your pier on the CBS morning news the other day.... ......
                                I suppose, could be. (I have posted many pics.)
                                Although about every big river, about every 30-40-50 miles up and down the shore line here has something of a pier, well, set of piers.
                                Only 2 or 3 piers have the catwalk any more. Many have big red structures, some others are black-white, either Iron plate or concrete (some lighthouses on land are brick). But I think this is the only one with a big red cylindrical structure about half way out AND a big red block structure on the end, and the catwalk.

An other boring detail. The Army Corps Engineers were going to remove & discard this catwalk during rework of the pier a few year ago. But a citizen group was formed to raise funds, hire a contractor to store the catwalk for a couple years, and then put it back, repaired/rebuilt with all new lighting.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X