Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
    That is a beautiful shot Sandy.
    It is very nice, well balanced with subject and color , simply amazing!

Comment

Pic of small deer, hard to see'em,a boot right in da middle

dert.jpg

Comment

Redman. The lens is a 70-200mm mounted on a Canon 40D body so I do have a lot of zoom. He is also skiing at 28 feet off of the full length ski rope of 75 feet which helps as well. Will update my camera body at some point to one with more megapixels and a full-frame sensor. My iphone has more megapixels than my old Canon.
        1982 GS 550 L

Comment

39104592_10212939396699882_9070208383478398976_o by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

One of my many old barn pics. I didn't even notice the Vultures on the roof until I downloaded the picture.
          Last edited by marvinsc; 09-14-2019, 08:48 AM.
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

GG Grandfather A. J. Woodall by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

My GG Grandfather Andrew Jackson Woodall, he was probably 16 or 17. Wounded at the Battle of Shiloh, returned home to heal and rejoined his unit until the Civil War ended.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Wow, Scott, as mu h as I stare into that pic, I can’t entirely imagine you staring at you great-grandfather there in that pic.

perhaps it might be interesting to know that for such a picture at the time he was probably told he had to sit perfectly still for a minute or two, hence the chair and table to lean on, might have even had a bracket or clamp on back of head.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

His story is interesting, after he passed around 1901 his wife filed for her Confederate Widow's benefits. Found out that he was considered AWOL. Turned out that when word of Lee's surrender reached his unit meaning the War was over he simply went home. She had to get letters from Men he served with verifying that he did not desert, simply left when the war ended without being properly mustered out. I found these documents online and have copies. She did finally get her Widow's pension.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Ronan in a foiling Moth. 25kts + on a good day.

moth.jpg
                  97 R1100R
                  Previous
                  80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

A grizzly trying to look cute for a snack as we pass through looking to wet our fishing lines.
                    Attached Files
                    -1981 Suzuki GS1100E
                    -1975 Honda CB400 Super Sport
                    -1981 Vespa P200E
                    -1990 Ktm 540 dxc
                    -1982 Ktm 495
                    -1981 Ktm 495
                    -1989 Atk 406
                    -1987 Cr 500R
                    -1982 Yz 125

Comment

Close up of the water tower base I used used in the pic of the week game. There is an informational / commemorative plaque there, but my camera died....

Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This was Friday night's project.
                        Our crappy above ground pool has rusted out at the skimmer, but the liner is still ok, so I figured backing up the rusted metal with a hunk of stainless will buy us time. I laughed.. the stainless is from the door panel of an old refrigerator we had and still had doctors hours from 2015 on it...
                        http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Did a quick bit of exploring after work after noticing this area from the warehouse roof I was on. Cell phone pics.

I've always thought there could be a good photo essay on the bits of wilderness hidden in urban areas.

I live in Indianapolis, which is almost completely flat. So from the air, the city glitters with the thousands of retention ponds needed to manage runoff and rainfall. There are also significant wild and green spaces for related hydrological reasons. Almost none of these waterways or spaces were ever intended for human use or access, and most are very well hidden from view. There are some truly beautiful, hidden wild places in the midst of the city only a few feet from busy roads, with lots of wildlife tucked into pockets that have hardly ever been disturbed or even seen since they were bulldozed into existence.
                          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Spent some time in the shop tonight working on the scroll saw.

Uncle Fred Clock Back by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I came across this Picnic Basket Building yesterday, It's in Newark Ohio. I remember hearing about it, but didn't know where it was at. Well, I do now.
                              Attached Files
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

When out riding, I like to stop by and visit county airports. When leaving Muskingum County Airport, I had to stop and take a picture of this sign... How true it is! ��
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by storm 64; 09-23-2019, 11:49 AM.
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X