Clear All

Waning Gibbous this morning

Moon Waning Gibbous 27 Jun 2021 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

IMG_5855 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr The other Kentucky road hazard with a shell. The Armadillo being the other........
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

IMG_5858 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Helped this little one across the road today. I think it would have come right up to me but I didn't think that was a good idea.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Nice pic, Scott.

Looks like that smooth, flat, gentle curve could be taken at a fairly fast pace.
          Glad it wasn't a bad ending for either of you.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Fortunately I had just come off a side road so no chance to get to speed.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Oh deer, bad ending for me, not sure about the deer. Bike seems to be fixable & I'll recover too.
              It appears the deer tried to run along side bike on right shoulder (which was overgrown with tall grass to fog line- county lagging on mowing), then decided to cross at an angle in front of my tire in a hasty poor judgement deer call.
              By the looks of my Helmet, the hind quarters locked the front brake lever & down I went. Came to flat on my back in ambulance.

20210618_171248 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Wow Carter, glad you’re alive to tell the tale. Get well soon.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Ouch! Glad you are pretty much OK.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Sh1t Carter. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
                    I hit one in the mid 90s. Road rash from the young and not experienced enough to know better pre agtatt days. And young enough to bounce and not break.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That stinks, Carter.
                      Glad you are still with us.
                      Knock to the noggin can be tricky.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Birds in the Evening by R John Thieda, on Flickr
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Bob, are those crows? Ravens? Vultures? Whatever they are, that’s a great silhouette shot. And that sky in ominous looking.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Black Crows, common around here. Stand about a foot and a half tall.

Wasn't too long before our neighborhood hawk moved them out...

Our Hawk by R John Thieda, on Flickr
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Great pic Bob. Disappointed though, I wanted so much to believe they were vultures. LOL.
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                ..........................Birds in the Evening by R John Thieda, on Flickr
                                Nice silhouette.
                                Interesting that the background sky is much lighter behind the main subject and blue elsewhere. Really adds to the scene.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X