No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is something of an issue here. Gates were installed on pier this year. And based on some weather conditions (I don’t know specifically what. Maybe marine forecast for the lake.) they close the pier for a day or day and half or two at a time. Are signs about $500 fine.

on first occassion of pier being closed this summer I made comment on FB about me being annoyed because it didn’t look too bad to me. Oh, man, got lots of comments about that was to keep idiots like me off the pier.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Folks, are there any rules to the random photo thread? I'm thinking I'd like to possibly join in on the fun but I want to make sure I'm within the written or non-written rules.
      Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
      1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Rusty, it’s pretty much anything-goes. Keep it safe-for-work, and you’re good. Let’s see what ya got.

Don’t feel like you have to break the law for shock-value photos like our resident scofflaw, Mr. Redman. Love ya, Dave.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 11-08-2021, 11:13 PM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          .. it’s pretty much anything-goes..
          I think thats right. Mr. Marvin, the creator of this thread, suggested "Feel free to post your best accidental or even intentional pictures here''.
          That leaves it wide open and makes it entertaining.
          1979 GS1000
          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            Rusty, it’s pretty much anything-goes. Keep it safe-for-work, and you’re good. Let’s see what ya got.

Don’t feel like you have to break the law for shock-value photos like our resident scofflaw, Mr. Redman. Love ya, Dave.
            Originally posted by DaveR View Post
            I think thats right. Mr. Marvin, the creator of this thread, suggested "Feel free to post your best accidental or even intentional pictures here''.
            That leaves it wide open and makes it entertaining.
            Thanks fellers. I'll give it a shot soon.

There's a photography pun somewhere in that last sentence
            Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
              Folks, are there any rules to the random photo thread? I'm thinking I'd like to possibly join in on the fun but I want to make sure I'm within the written or non-written rules.
              And please feel free to join in here, also -> Pic of the week game
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

This is my family's first fall/winter in our house. I've I've been watching from the window the leaves fall from the big maple trees in our back yard. This morning several strong gusts of wind blew tons of them off. It was a rather meditative experience for a good 5 mins.

Last edited by RustyTank; 11-09-2021, 08:06 PM.
                Ryan

Comment

Nice first entries Rusty!
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                    Nice first entries Rusty!
                    Thanks Mr. Marvin
                    Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
                      . . . . . . . . . I've I've been watching from the window the leaves fall from the big maple trees in our back yard. This morning several strong gusts of wind blew tons of them off. It was a rather meditative experience for a good 5 mins.
                      . . . . .
                      Thanks for posting. Yes, we have a wide range of photos posted here. Some pics are sharing experiences and/or just interesting photos.

I had somewhat similar experience this afternoon, from dining room window, watching leaves fall in back yard . And I will be communing with nature, again, for hours, on multiple occasions, when get to raking them.
                      Last edited by Redman; 11-09-2021, 09:28 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Part of my Sunday afternoon/evening ride.

Stopped at the pier, and walked out there at twilight.
                        Didnt have camera, used cell phone (referb iPhone8). Did well with catching the color in the low light, but at that low light is fairly low resolution.
                        I was trying to catch the red light reflection (light is on for about 1 second every 8 seconds), but also catch a wave splashing, but the wave splashing over the pier would interfere with the light reflection. Did not stay long, wanted to get back to the ride.
                        Last edited by Redman; 11-09-2021, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Thanks for posting. Yes, we have a wide range of photos posted here. Some pics are sharing experiences and/or just interesting photos.

I had somewhat similar experience this afternoon, from dining room window, watching leaves fall in back yard . And I will be communing with nature, again, for hours, on multiple occasions, when get to raking them.
                          As you can tell from my photos Redman, I have some raking work ahead of me as well!
                          Ryan

Comment

I forgot about this from a couple of weeks ago. Some backroad cruising on the way to one of hikes.

Fall Colurs and Gravel Roads by soates50, on Flickr
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Even on a drab day, the tamaracks glow. Nice.
                              1979 GS1000
                              1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

IMG_6084 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X