• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    P1220107 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

THis morning, calm, but 18degF.
    All ice. Put on my boot chains.
    P1220258 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

When i first came on the site flicking through the threads and found this one i was quite excited to see a bunch of people showing off their photography.

No offense Intended Dave. You were posting a lot of the pier around the sunset at the time and the thought did go through my mind, how many shots of the same thing that are so similar not get a bit boring.............Fast forward to almost a year since i came on here............Now after seeing the variety and changeable scenarios of the pics, and also the effort and risk of self harm to get the pics, you have an eye for the dramatic that showcases the pier in all its glory and anger.

Great photography. this last one with the icicles is the best one i have seen with the framing including the support structures in tunnel formation.

Stay safe getting these.

It also reminds me of where i grew up underneath a mountain. Saw the same thing every day but very seldom were there 2 days, where the mountain looked the same
    Last edited by 650Skull; 12-12-2021, 10:07 PM.
    82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
    Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
    Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
    Albums

Comment

I'm going to post some older pics of a mountain, (Mt Taranaki), i lived under, for the first 35 years of my life. This was an unusual set of pics because the cloud was higher than the mountain and when the sun set it reflected the shadow of the mountain up onto the clouds. What was also unusual was the 2 layers of clouds so far apart in height. The second can be seen just above the hills.

Used to get some great sunsets and this evening was a bonus with the clouds being so high Taken on 35mm film with an old Minolta ST101 camera about 40 years ago. scanned old photos and they show their age/damage.

Mountain is 8,260ft and is the second most cylindrical mountain in the world after Mt Fuji. Pics taken from our homestead, about 10 miles as the crow flies, to the base of the mountain

scan0016 copyright.jpg
      scan0016 copyright.jpg
      Last edited by 650Skull; 12-12-2021, 10:13 PM.
      Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
      Albums

Comment

No 2 in the series of 4
        scan0017 copyright.jpg
        Copy of scan0019.jpg

scan0029 copyright.jpg
        Last edited by 650Skull; 12-12-2021, 10:14 PM.
        Albums

Comment

No 3 in the series of 4
          scan0019 copyright.jpg
          Last edited by 650Skull; 12-12-2021, 10:14 PM.
          Albums

Comment

No 4 in the series of 4
            scan0029 copyright.jpg
            Last edited by 650Skull; 12-12-2021, 10:15 PM.
            Albums

Comment

That is cool. .
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Thanks gentlemen. Rusty, I didn’t find it creepy in the least. The fog was so thick and it was so quiet that it was like a blanket of tranquility. It was a bit surreal.
                Glen I hope you didn't take my comment in a negative way. That's not at all how I meant it. Maybe creepy wasn't the correct word to use...haunting...or atmospheric may be more accurate. In any case I really, really like the photo.
                Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Great photos 650Skull​. Thanks for sharing
                  Ryan

Comment

Absolutely no offense taken. We all interpret things differently, and absolutely, that could as easily have a creepy vibe.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I don't often take photos of ol fuzzy Rico.
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                        I don't often take photos of ol fuzzy Rico.
                        I love cats. Got two of em myself, brother and sister. Now on to more pressing issues, like...what is that?

Ryan

Comment

Looks like an intercom to me, any other rooms have em?
                          Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                          '79 GS100E
                          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Yep, looks like a whole house stereo/intercom, they were all the rage in new homes in the 60's. Very rare to find a functional unit these days.
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                              Looks like an intercom to me, any other rooms have em?
                              Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              Yep, looks like a whole house stereo/intercom, they were all the rage in new homes in the 60's. Very rare to find a functional unit these days.
                              You guys are probably right, the style looks very 60's indeed. But, all those sliders and nobs for an intercom system?
                              Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
                                You guys are probably right, the style looks very 60's indeed. But, all those sliders and nobs for an intercom system?
                                sound control for the integrated stereo.
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X