Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
    Winter reflection on an icy lake (behind my house)
    I like that Kerrfunk. Looked at as an abstract assembly of lines, pattern and color it works well upside down too.
    1979 GS1000
    1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Agreed on the lovely ice shot. Forming ice can have so many beautiful patterns.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

A few from this week.
        Ye men of decency DO NOT search "69 Cougar" for nice images of this car. Instead look up 69 Mercury Cougar.
        http://Black and white. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I'm always impressed Glen. Thanks for sharing the pics.
          Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
          1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Thanks. I've been somewhat neglectful of my photography these last few weeks. These shots were quick stops on my way home from work. Like a good ride on the GS, I feel happy after camera work.
            Seems that I'm on another black and white kick...
            sigpic

Glen
            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Seems that I'm on another black and white kick...
              I've got drawers full of film cameras and fridge full of film... let's go.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                A few from this week.. . . . .
                Nice. I like the weathered utility pole with all the tags and nails from over the years and the vine growing past all of it.
                Last few weeks have been B/W, eh?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                  Winter reflection on an icy lake (behind my house)
                  Interesting ice formation and reflection. You found a good view of it.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Okay, its been two weeks since I posted a pier picture.

P1230043 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

New Years Eve day morning before sunrise.
                    Took short tele zoom (14-42mm) and tripod out there. This with the zoom cranked to its full out (94 equivilant, so a mild tele).
                    THis shot at 0801AM, so about 15 minutes before sunrise, so still dark with a little bit of dawn light.

Opps, I should level it some.
                    I have found that even with short tele, the level indicator on the screen can show level (yellow tilt line turns green) but can still be off a degree. And a degree Is noticable with something like a tower that know should be vertical, or something like, say, a lake horizon all across the frame of picture.
                    Last edited by Redman; 01-01-2022, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I have one film camera but it's a cool one, my mom's old Rolleiflex 3.5E Xenotar, a '56 model. My older brother has all the negatives, boxes and boxes from ~1957 to the 70's.

Photography was a big thing for my parents. I never had the bug or patience to learn. So it sits.

My grandfather was studying at Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry in the late 20's and early 30's in Munich (interesting times!), and my father digitized his movies from all over Europe, Bermuda, Florida and New England. Boat parties on the Charles river with flapper girls, hiding drinks looking out for cops is a highlight. A lot of it is in color starting in about 1935. Weird to see my dad at 1 year old in color as he's now 86.

Well, the title does say 'random' so I thought I'd share some randomness. If anyone wants a direct link to old color video footage, I'll send - PM me. It's even narrated!

Mom took this one, I'm sure with the Rollei, in about May 1969. It's got some schmutz on it from something but it's a great memory. I'm the 3rd stooge in the far back, aged 8.

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                      I've got drawers full of film cameras and fridge full of film... let's go.
                      Last edited by oldGSfan; 01-01-2022, 11:43 PM.
                      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                      '79 GS100E
                      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Nice to have old pics of the family to look back on

Is that the full size?? Scanned??
                        82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                        Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                        Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                        Albums

Comment

helmeted friarbird (Philemon buceroides)
                          IMG_9868 crop 1 shpn copyright resize 1200.jpg
                          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                          Albums

Comment

Clearest shots i have ever got of birds

Attached Files
                            Last edited by 650Skull; 01-03-2022, 03:33 AM.
                            Albums

Comment

First Snow 2022 by R John Thieda, on Flickr
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Nice shot Bob, had our first dusting here too but it was not that photogenic.
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X