X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post
    Clearest shots i have ever got of birds

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63745[/ATTACH]
    Holy doodah! An ugly brute too! I'd be backing off away from that beak!

Comment

IMG_6175 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Cardinal ignoring yesterday's snow.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
        Holy doodah! An ugly brute too! I'd be backing off away from that beak!
        Think that's scary..........Freddy Krueger's got nothing on these guys
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 650Skull; 01-03-2022, 07:58 PM.
        82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
        Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
        Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
        Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          Nice. Hard to get perspective from this angle. Being able to see the branch's under the snow is different.
          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
          Albums

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post
            Nice. Hard to get perspective from this angle. Being able to see the branch's under the snow is different.
            Thanks....It was turned 90º

Nicer with the sun out today...
            First Snow 2022 by R John Thieda, on Flickr
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Much nicer with the sun but I like the first composition a bit better. Both great shots though.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                Much nicer with the sun but I like the first composition a bit better. Both great shots though.
                After further review, I agree with you.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

First shot definatly way better contrast..........makes you want to look for a warm place and the tree is saying get me out of here.
                  Albums

Comment

The line drawing was a college assignment from the late 90s. The skeleton is the broken remnant of a Halloween decoration. And my camera’s sensor is (still) dirty. http://Spare parts. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                    Last edited by dorkburger; 01-08-2022, 11:49 AM.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

http://Gutter ice by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        The line drawing was a college assignment from the late 90s. .
                        .Spare parts. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        Hum,.. "late 90s"... so maybe not CAD, possibly so but probably not.... or was it?
                        Impressive either way. THe more that look at it, the more that see, hey, this lines up with that....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Who can tell me more about this?
                          Attached Files
                          1976 Suzuki GT750A (Maui Blue)
                          1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candy Tone Blue)
                          1984 Yamaha RZ350 KRR (Competition Yellow)

Evans
                          Macon, GA

Comment

Looks similar to the 6 wheel Honda Odessy from the 1970's.
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by BEW View Post
                              Who can tell me more about this?
                              Here is a little bit (although I am not aware of a 750 Suzuki engine in 1972, 3 cylinder or otherwize)

Suzuki Go 1972
                              Another design stimulated by boats was Marcello Gandini’s 1972 Suzuki Go, using a three cylinder 750cc motorcycle engine with a five speed gearbox developed by Bertone. Said Gandini “I was inspired by the increasingly popular rubber inflatable dinghy boats.”

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/9-of-bertones-most-bizarre-concept-cars/

Boats again influenced members of Bertone’s styling team when it started designing the Suzuki Go. Envisioned as a four-wheeled, go-anywhere Zodiac boat, it was unusual because it wasn’t based on an existing car. Instead, it was created from scratch and powered by a three-cylinder, 750-cc Suzuki motorcycle engine mounted behind the driver’s seat. The instrument cluster sheds light on its two-wheeler roots.

Nothing stopped the Go. While it was happy to remain on the pavement, it tackled snowy trails with ease thanks to a set of aggressively-tracked tires, and users could take it on a lake by strapping an outboard motor to the back end. Alternatively, the tailgate doubled as a ramp on which to load a motorcycle or a snowmobile. It’s astonishing to think such a simple car could perform so many tasks.

Bertone unveiled the Go at the 1972 edition of the Brussels Motor Show. It remained a one-off; it likely could have been made street-legal with minor changes, but Suzuki had no interest in it.
                              Last edited by Redman; 01-08-2022, 11:43 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Well the sun came out, the snow stopped (we had about 3 feet in the last 2 weeks) and temps came up to balmy -18C (about 0F) this AM so we had to get and make tracks. Lucky for us it looks like someone was here a few days ago.

Bit of a slog from the valley below but the views are always worth it.

Wycliffe Prairie Lookout by soates50, on Flickr
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X