X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome pictures Bob! What a beautiful animal. 🙂
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Look at the fur on that tail!
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Free hat:

Looks like I'm going to have to download the non-mobil version.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Still practicing with the 100-300mm lens...
          Squirrel by R John Thieda, on Flickr
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Nice job on the Fox and Squirrel. Foxes are so cool. There are a few Fox familes near the beach here and some local photographers have taken some incredible shots of them.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              Still practicing with the 100-300mm lens...
              Squirrel by R John Thieda, on Flickr
              Love the spontaneity of your fox shot and the sharpness of squirrel shot is very good especially being shot at 1/100th/sec. I spent a long time learning to use my 100 - 300 and get consistent results and still it's a work in progress. I now shoot it with shutter priority at 1/500, center focus with tracking, high speed burst and over expose by at least 1 1/3 stops if shooting birds in flight to compensate for backlighting. Otherwise regular exposure. The speed to eliminate any camera shake at long focal lengths, noise from higher ISO is easier to fix or live with than blur. Over exposure to compensate for backlighting because if it's accidently over exposed it renders better in Post than under exposure. I set my C1 with these settings so when I swap lens the settings are right there. I also learned the hard way to leave the long lens on when I'm hiking, biking or just driving round. The critters won't wait for you to swap lenses but the landscapes will. LOL Duh!
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post

Love the spontaneity of your fox shot and the sharpness of squirrel shot is very good especially being shot at 1/100th/sec. I spent a long time learning to use my 100 - 300 and get consistent results and still it's a work in progress. I now shoot it with shutter priority at 1/500, center focus with tracking, high speed burst and over expose by at least 1 1/3 stops if shooting birds in flight to compensate for backlighting. Otherwise regular exposure. The speed to eliminate any camera shake at long focal lengths, noise from higher ISO is easier to fix or live with than blur. Over exposure to compensate for backlighting because if it's accidently over exposed it renders better in Post than under exposure. I set my C1 with these settings so when I swap lens the settings are right there. I also learned the hard way to leave the long lens on when I'm hiking, biking or just driving round. The critters won't wait for you to swap lenses but the landscapes will. LOL Duh!
                All good info, thank you.

Comment

Sit...
                  20210531_170708 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
                  GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Great photo, CT....
                    I do love my garage buddy...

Comment

Great pics guys. Both the variety of interests and technical abilities are impressive.

Another snapshot of wind over snow patterns sculpted on a lake. The area covered is about 12' wide by 25' deep. Wind was from left to right.

Last edited by DaveR; 04-02-2022, 11:35 PM.
                      1979 GS1000
                      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Met up with Scott (Cowboyup) today for a ride along Kentucky Lake and through the Land Between the Lakes. This is him taking a long distance shot of the Bison at LBL. We had a great ride and a good time.

IMG_6234 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                        Last edited by marvinsc; 04-03-2022, 07:03 PM.
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Spring is arriving to our area and got out on the bicycle today to explore some trails and ponds. Found some of these guys.

Barrows Goldeneye by soates50, on Flickr
                          Last edited by Sandy; 04-06-2022, 11:12 PM.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

As exotic as the Goldeneye looks, the mesmerizing pattern of the waves is outstanding.
                            1979 GS1000
                            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Yay, Warm enough now that the bees are out.

Bee on Crocus by soates50, on Flickr

Comment

Bees, Ducks, and Bison....Good stuff everyone....

A different animal today for me....Not sure the vintage, but for sure an older rebuild.

EDIT: The guys over in one of my train forums tell me it is an EMD SD40-2. Made anywhere from '72 to '89. So, looking good!

Last edited by Baatfam; 04-09-2022, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X