• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Eighteen by R John Thieda, on Flickr
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Lots of diverse pics - its a treat to see the different things that interest people.
      DBs water image is a jewel all about texture, color and pattern. Great eye for the abstract.

Campsite island at the end of a hot day in Lac La Ronge Provincial Park, Sk.

1979 GS1000
      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

This little guy was hanging out on the edge of my pool.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Ah ha!
          After lunch today, this all makes sense.....
          To explain some:

Wife and I were in Boone NC area for nieces wedding. Had half a day to wander around, so went for little venture on BRP, and went on something of a couple hikes around (and under) the Linn Cove Viaduct. (pics posted the other day).

On our travels back home , we were passing thru Knoxville TN about lunch time Monday.
          Stopped in a Applebee's for lunch, and there sits this guy at the bar ..... and he came and joined us......
          IMG_7344c.jpg
          me, wife and MrBob baatfam.

Was not at all prearranged-coordinated.
          But not entirely random either.
          At Brown County Rally and other discussions about retirement (and Bob relocation), Bob had mentioned about going out for lunch at Applebees somewhat regularly and having gotten to know some folks there.
          And here I was driving thru Knoxville, about lunch time, and there is an Applebees .....
          .....whats the chance this is the right Applebees? whats the chance Bob was out for lunch this day? whats the chance he would still be there? (was almost 1pm)

I got about 2 steps in the front door, and could see him at the bar with several others. Ha!

WE had a good chatt/visit.
          Last edited by Redman; 07-19-2022, 11:00 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

What good timing. And I must add, Bob, you are looking good. The lifestyle change is making you look younger.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
              What good timing. And I must add, Bob, you are looking good. The lifestyle change is making you look younger.
              Yes, quite the surprise. In fact, I had just paid my bill and was getting ready to go, when Dave and Dawn walked in.
              Really nice to see Dave and meet his wife. Made my whole day.

Comment

Froggie! I had a little peeper in the well house one dry year...sigh-not seen since I replaced the box due to moisture rot so instead of feeling good about the fixing, I feel bad.
                Frog_in_wellbox july 2010.jpg

Comment

Day Twenty by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Day Twenty by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

Made it home, and back to some of my regular activitys.

(going for photo walk, not wave surfing)

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      (going for photo walk, not wave surfing)
                      Darn it........

Comment

Ha ha, yah, going for pier walk.

Although this day My pier walk was short.
                        Pier gates closed, based on lake wave conditions (I dont know what specific criteria is used).

What annoys me is that often when the pier gates are closed, that first part of the pier (is about 3 1/2 higher than rest of the pier) is dry, and could get good view/shots from there. On this day, part of that higher part is wett, just from splashing water, not waves going over/across, I would say no hazzard of getting washed off pier there.

Note: in last week or so 5 people have drowned in Lake Michigan, most in rough waves. (at places other than state facilitys that have the closures).
                        Last edited by Redman; 07-21-2022, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Took a taxi for lunch yesterday. Yeah, the day was a little different than we're used to. LOL.

P1030553 by soates50, on Flickr

Ended up here.

P1030556 by soates50, on Flickr

Some of the scenery.

P1030541 by soates50, on Flickr

What we call watermelon snow. It's actually an algae in the snow.

P1030546 by soates50, on Flickr
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

On a lighter note. Went for a walk yesterday early evening and caught this one with the cell phone.

20220720_190754-Edit by soates50, on Flickr
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Brilliant stuff, Sandy. Thanks!

Comment

Quite impressive, Sandy.

Comment

Working...
                                X