No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually went for a ride a few weeks ago out to Hocking Hills then spent a few hours at my younger daughter's place in Springfield

Tunnel before Old Man's Cave by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Supported Butterfly by Scott Baker, on Flickr
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I seen a woman with fancy looking camera taking a pic of this view.

So I thought I'd do the same with phone, sure her results were much better.

20221125_085016.jpg

Comment

Like both those pics, Scott.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            .................................................. .Tunnel before Old Man's Cave[/url] by Scott Baker, on Flickr

.................................................S upported Butterfly[/url] by Scott Baker, on Flickr
            Scott, You have been doing some interesting stuff

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

P

hoto (cell phone) from ride today. I like the pic more for a picture than any part of the story of the ride.

Although: the story of this part of the ride is that this is in the beach parking area of the statepark, which is closed to traffic.
              But as Bob Baatfam might say "if they want to keep bikes out, the barriers need to be closer together."
              Or more specifically to this place "if they want to keep bikes out they need barriers on the walkways."

I should go back in the morning hours someday, so sun would be from behind me.

Last edited by Redman; 11-26-2022, 09:07 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Leaf in flight by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

The latest snow was kind of different. The snow itself was like tiny rods. Then I noticed the way the frost was forming on everything.

[

I was in one of the areas near Buffalo that you may have heard about on the news where they had about 5' of snow a couple weeks ago. This is one of the places they were piling it up.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Very cool Eli. I haven't seen that on trees but we get that on bare ground after a big freeze. It's called needle ice. Not sure if that's what's in your picture but it forms when a porous damp object such as wood or the ground freezes and it actually pushes the moisture up through small pores and forms little needles. I've never noticed it on trees before and I don't think regular frost would have a strong enough structure to do that. Just a guess however. Thanks for sharing that.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Here's an oldie from 30 years ago I came across last night.. A scanned slide from a backcountry ski trip into the Rockies to an Alpine Club of Canada hut in Yoho National Park.

LakeoHara1993 (6)-Edit by soates50, on Flickr
                      Last edited by Sandy; 12-14-2022, 06:40 PM.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Tame your beastly cravings...

Beastly.jpg
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                          Tame your beastly cravings...

Beastly.jpg
                          Cute shot. Time for carnivores to unite. LOL.

Comment

Saw this in our living room window this morning...

Comment

Love the reflection and the outside stuff.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Baby it's cold outside. -23C to be exact and going to shovel for the second time today.

Baby it Cold Outside by soates50, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X