Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm right there on the west coast.

1983 GS1000G | 1984 GSX1100EF | 1997 FLHR| -16 FLSTC 103 HO | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Comment

Back in 2005 we got hit with a bad cyclone.

Was out and about when this helicopter come cruising overhead carrying a tower to replace a damaged one. We wre without power for 2 weeks.
      Copy of P1030437 shpn crop enhance affects copyright.jpg
      82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
      Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
      Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
      Albums

Comment

Not fully awake yet, 650Skull’s post above made my sleepy brain recall a Simpsons episode where the family moved to Australia and Homer insisted on having special toilets that spin the water the “correct” way. Got me wondering if tornadoes in the Southern Hemisphere spin opposite of those inThe Northern Hemisphere, like toilets. Turns out that yes, they do, generally, but not always. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ite-direction/
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Not fully awake yet, 650Skull’s post above made my sleepy brain recall a Simpsons episode where the family moved to Australia and Homer insisted on having special toilets that spin the water the “correct” way. Got me wondering if tornadoes in the Southern Hemisphere spin opposite of those inThe Northern Hemisphere, like toilets. Turns out that yes, they do, generally, but not always. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ite-direction/
          Sleepy? Maybe 'cause you lay awake all night thinking of that. LOL
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            What would we do without Homer to get us thinking about the important things in life..

When you have been through the eye of a cyclone the wind goes in the opposite direction than it was going before the eye passed over.
            82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
            Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
            Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
            Albums

Comment

The Amish and Mennonite Communities are big hockey fans.

Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Hydraulic brakes?
                LED backup lights?
                Surely not from Western PA.
                Jim, in Central New York State.

1980 GS750E (bought used June,1983)
                1968 CB350 Super Sport (bought new Oct,1968)
                1962 CA77 305 Dream (bought used Feb,1963)

Comment

Nah, Central PA, The range of use of/ or non-use of technology between the different sects has always confused me.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Been a while since I posted a pier-sunset pic.

Had a little ride and photo outting this evening.

IMG_3787a by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Have been using manaul exposure more latley. Seems to be going better than when I tried it before.

>>Later Note

- I used to like to go right down to the water edge for sunset pics. THinking then the light shimmer would fill more of the frame and be more prominent (which is true), and to not have people in foreground.
                    But latley I see the benifit of being back further up the beach, a bit higher elevation (maybe only 5 foot) so see over the pier and see the lake surface on the other side of the pier, and as far as then having people in the foreground, ah, that is just part of the scene and adds a little scale and interest.

- this is jpg straight out of the camera , maybe a slight crop, maybe a slight tilt adjust, but not any "filter" not any post processing color adjustment. Yah, that is what it looked like. Sunsets can have a lot of color when sun is actaully near the horizon (light going thru more atmosphere).
                    THe biggest photo skill needed for a colorfull pic here is : just to be there.
                    Having a telephoto lens helps a lot. Not all the sky is that colorfull, but with telephoto the colorfull area fills the frame.

Last edited by Redman; 05-06-2023, 03:53 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

IMG_1856.jpg

Forest fires in northern Saskatchewan today. For a few hours this afternoon it turned darker with a weird orange light and a salmon/pink sun. Strange.
                      1979 GS1000
                      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Yeah. We're not getting much smoke for a change, most fires are to the north and east of us. Going to be a bad summer.

On a lighter note here's a guy I know locally that quit his job as an Aerospace engineer about 40 years ago to specialize in building vintage aircraft and parts for the vintage market. Here's a couple of projects he has on the go. Not only does he do the airframes he also does all the mechanical work. DH Fox Moths and 504 Avros. The work some people do absolutely amazes me.

DH Fox Moth-3 by soates50, on Flickr

Avro 504-2 by soates50, on Flickr​
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

IMG_6626 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Came across this while riding today, someone is not a fan of Andy Beshear.
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Had all 4 of the old "Zooks" out of the garage today, so why not get a picture!
                            Last edited by 1978GS750E; 05-26-2023, 12:25 PM.
                            Ron
                            When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                            1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                            1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                            1982 GS1100E
                            1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Scott Marvinsc, seems like somebody has spirt unbridled of respect for public property.
                              And I cant read what was written.

Ron 78GS750, nice collection, look at all that shiny stuff. Nice walk around vidio. I think that could be a "went for ride" post.
                              Last edited by Redman; 05-27-2023, 03:39 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Putting my longest lens to use in recent days. (100-300mm, so 600mm equivalent).
                                Saw it again on other occasions, and was able to get a view to see the red on top of the tail, so, is a Red Tail Hawk.
                                And saw that is a pair of them.

During the four occasions of me being there, I meet three people local to that neighborhood.
                                Two of them were well aware of the pair of hawks and said have been in area last 3 or four summers, and said that they have no rodent problem in thier gardens.

A third guy though I was taking pictures of the jet planes "vapor trails" , and asked me if I knew what those really are, and then told me what they really are, not all of them, just the ones that are longer and dont fade away as fast, its the nanny government spraying chemicals (I cant remember all his convoluted discussion).
                                Last edited by Redman; 07-01-2023, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X