Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    A third guy though I was taking pictures of the jet planes "vapor trails" , and asked me if I knew what those really are, and then told me what they really are, not all of them, just the ones that are longer and dont fade away as fast, its the nanny government spraying chemicals (I cant remember all his convoluted discussion).
    They walk among us.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

IMG_6650 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr a small Buffalo herd chilling in the grass this morning at Land Between the Lakes – National Recreation Area
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Got a couple of closer up bird shots in last couple days (meaning didnt need a heavy crop).

Cedar Waxwing
        IMG_4364a by Dave Redman, on Flickr
        Unobstructed view, and shows all the distinctive marking of the CWW. So I thought the photo maybe a candidate for the local county park annual bird photo contest, but is no action in the shot and a CWW was the most recent winner.

Blue Heron, but not too big of one.
        IMG_4365a by Dave Redman, on Flickr
        I watched him for about 15 minutes up close (like this shot), and he took flight to another place further away, and I watched him another 15 minutes. He struck into the water a couple times, and didnt get anything that I could see. Maybe why is kinda a small one.
        Yep, this shot purposely while stepping, so can see the leg/foot. Interesting how it slowly stepped, and slowly put down foot working it around in between the plants.
        I watched it all that time, for purpose of trying to get a shot of it taking flight, or in flight, or landing - - - and that is an entire other story, and nothing much to show for it, but some better than previous attempts.
        Last edited by Redman; 05-31-2023, 10:35 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice bird work, Dave....Birds are hard.

Here's a seven year old random photo....Just after getting a valve job.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

On our trip to Indiana a couple of years ago we stopped in St Louis. Here's the wheel from the ground

20210609_220105 by Roger, on Flickr

......And the view from above.

20210609_215306 by Roger, on Flickr
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

thanks Bob.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              ….
              Here's a seven year old random photo....Just after getting a valve job.
              [……….URL]
              and good that we haven’t seen related scene like that reoccurring.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Paint can marbles by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Excellent, Glen!
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks Bob. Last Friday while cleaning up I noticed that glass and ice are very similar photographywise in their ability to capture and reflect light. This pic isn’t remotely what I initially pictured in my mind, but I dig it. I need to find a non LED light source. There’s more fun to be had.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Third rock from the Sun, in a cosmic game of Newton's Balls.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I didn't know Newton had so many Balls. He must have polished them regularly. Probably had a well made sack to carry them, with separate pockets, or some gooey stuff so they didn't clack when he walked.

Comment

A windy day just before sunset in northern Saskatchewan.

1979 GS1000
                          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

While back threw out a donut in same area with squirrel latching on to it and posted pic in the donut day thread.

Yesterday it was some leftover French fries, is it the same squirrel?

20230516_111940.jpg

Comment

Great to see so many great shots after a bit of a dry spell. Been on the road last couple of weeks and home in a week or so. Stay tuned.
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

No need to rush back here Sandy. Enjoy the golden years with the good wife and the new trailer.
                                1979 GS1000
                                1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Working...
                                X