No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a dudd of photo walk on beach/pier this morning.
    THen rode to coffee shop.
    Then rode elsewhere, and had a productive photo time stalking a Great Blue Heron.

THe heron was successful on 3 of 4 strikes in about 45 minutes. (And I came home with about a hundred shots to look thru.)

Untitled by Dave Redman, on Flickr

I dont know if that is a mouse or a voule or shrew or what, but there are three less of them there along that area.
    Last edited by Redman; 08-14-2023, 04:51 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      I had a dudd of photo walk on beach/pier this morning.
      THen rode to coffee shop.
      Then rode elsewhere, and had a productive photo time stalking a Great Blue Heron.

THe heron was successful on 3 of 4 strikes in about 45 minutes. (And I came home with about a hundred shots to look thru.)

Untitled by Dave Redman, on Flickr

I dont know if that is a mouse or a voule or shrew or what, but there are three less of them there along that area.
      I didn't expect to see a heron scoffng critters, thought they only ate fish.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

I didn't expect to see a heron scoffng critters, thought they only ate fish.
        THis guy was close to the water, but on land (I noticed was a lot of algie on the water).
        Was slowly walking along edge between mowed area and growth along the water edge. Would stop, and stare into the growth for a while, maybe step into the growth, and stare some more, and maybe strike. If it got something (did 3 times I saw), it would back up into the mowed area, usally holding the critter by mid section for a while, then work it around to having it by the head (like pictured above) and hold for a while, then work it around so is pointed in direction down the throat, then GULP.

Might be voles.

An other occassion this morning

Yah, I most often see them in water, and seldom see one strike.
        But usally are further away, not as intersting of a photo, so I take some shots, and move on. Also they usally fly away if I try to get closer.

THis guy watched me as I got off bike but didnt fly away. I did move away from the bike, and I knelt down on one knee, and after a while it went back to hunting.
        Last edited by Redman; 08-14-2023, 09:32 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nothing artistic or fantastic, drone at 350 feet sunset.

dji_fly_20210921_200138_17_1661715144664_aeb.jpg​​​​​​​

Comment

20230819_081608.jpg.................

Comment

IMG_6723 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Tobacco "Firing" Season has arrived in West Kentucky/Northwest Tennessee. For the next 8 to 12 weeks barns within a 60 mile radius of where I sit will be belching white smoke and Tourists will be stopping to tell folks their barn is on fire.
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

The local Fire Department has a policy this time of year, "If there are not flames, we ain't coming".
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Asking for a friend , he says his back yard is full of these bugs, especially under and around one particular tree.

He's looked it up and found a few suggestions, but it's always a question between three different bugs...

20230826_131522.jpg

Comment

Drone shot, had to zoom in on photo, to many lines to get into.
                    Screenshot_20230826_160011.jpg

Comment

Same bin...just overhead drone shot..lol

Screenshot_20230826_160102.jpg

Comment

2023-08-26_02-54-47 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This pic taken a few years ago, was out riding motorcycle after work and heading to meet a friend in Sedalia Missouri.

Stop in a small town and noticed this funnel cloud, strange weather day, plenty of blue skies, but a lot if really strong but small storm clouds, I never got rained on but rode on a lot of wet roads.

Anyway, as I was looking at it, two kids ,boy and girl probably five or six years old walk by.
                          I pointed at funnel cloud and ask them if they knew what it was...they looked and calmly with no concern said "tornado"

As they walking away the tornado sirens went off and they took off screaming ?

Screenshot_20230828_110547_Photos.jpg

Comment

I can't take my eyes off it. Might have to make this a background screen.
                            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Saw on a morning ride last week.

I thought maybe otter. Posted on local social group. Most folks say Mink, some say River Otter.

It would take a bite or two, and maybe fish slip back down into the water, and it would have to retrieve it back up and try to hold it before ready for another bite or two.

Comment

Great shot Dave. It's all about timing. By the shape of the snout and position of ears I'd guess mink as well. I wouldn't think river otters arch their back like that either. Could be wrong on that though.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X