Single In Sep 2023 - Day2 by R John Thieda, on Flickr
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Day 4 - Translucent by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

IMG_6725 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Some West Kentucky late Summer Roadside Bloomage...........
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

An example of a disappointing image capture. Usually the old iphone8 produces pics I'm happy with. This quiet smoky scene was captivating with its simple content and delicate colours. The sun and reflections were a dazzling neon pink and the water and sky had shading of subtle greens and purples. None of it showed up in the pic. Clearly a better camera and operator would be needed. Oh well..

1979 GS1000
            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Neighbors cat, zoomed In drone shot.

100 feet away and probably 30 feet up, and neighborhood was loud with mowers and cars and yet the cat still noticed...LOL

Screenshot_20230904_214442.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                . . . . . .. .. .. . Usually the old iphone8 produces pics I'm happy with. ..
                .... None of it showed up in the pic. ...rl]
                iPhone8..... Do you know about touching the screen for what area you want the exposure set for....? Say, the area that had the color you mentioned.
                Otherwize it takes average of most of the sceen, and the sun and the sun shimmer are quite bright.

Touch an area, it makes a box, and you see the screen adjust exposure/color, if you like that, touch the shutter button, or try another area.
                After a while the box dissapears and it goes back to regular.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for that Dave. I was semi aware of the exposure feature but have never used it as the auto gadgetry always did the thinking. I'Il think I should watch a Youtube phone camera tutorial.

1979 GS1000
                  1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Ant - Day 17 by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

Foggy morning........

20230918_072207.jpg

Comment

This little guy was on my Butterfly Bush which seems to attract a lot of Butterflies. He let me get really close. Picture was take with my Pixel 6 Pro camera. It looks like an Aphrodite Fritillary.

Butterfly.jpg

Comment

more "random pic" than is "went for ride"......

Evening Ride a few days ago, stopped by beach at sunset time, and ride the next morning on other side of town at park on river about sunrise time

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A pic for bccap.
                            The largest tug on the Great Lakes was in the local Port Weller Dry Docks for paint and polish.
                            With barge it tops out at 1000 feet. The Welland Canal where i live can only support 730 feet so it spends most of its time on Lake Superior.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

IMG_6752 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr At Kentucky Lake today, the owner should have paid attention to the Lake level forecast. Too late now.
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                The largest tug on the Great Lakes was in the local Port Weller Dry Docks for paint and polish.
                                With barge it tops out at 1000 feet. The Welland Canal where i live can only support 730 feet so it spends most of its time on Lake Superior.
                                ..........................url]
                                Presque Isle. 140ft.
                                Yah, does have big pilot house, 5 levels.
                                Presently in Lk Huron headed south. Destination of Nanticoke Ontario on Lk Erie, so gonna go through St Clair river (Detroit/Windsor). DOnt know what barge.

Yah, I have not seen a tug with pilot house and such like that. Looks like maybe it could house the crew of the barge (just a quess).

>>Later Note:
                                Ah, now I see. THe Tug is Presque Isle.
                                AND... is a barge of same name. THey were built to go together (Integrated Tug Barge, "ITB"), and make a 1000ft unit.
                                So I will not see such here (Grand Haven) (maybe Muskegon if stone and such).
                                Last edited by Redman; 09-25-2023, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X