Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
    [ur.
    . At Kentucky Lake today, the owner should have paid attention to the Lake level forecast. Too late now.
    You think Any correlation to that and someone that just hand scribbles the registratipon number on side....?

?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      A pic for bccap.
      The largest tug on the Great Lakes was in the local Port Weller Dry Docks for paint and polish.
      With barge it tops out at 1000 feet. The Welland Canal where i live can only support 730 feet so it spends most of its time on Lake Superior.

Can't say I've seen a tug of quite that design. Wouldn't want to be in a big sea without being locked into the barge.... Cause without the barge that thing is going to roll big time ......
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

You think Any correlation to that and someone that just hand scribbles the registratipon number on side....?

?
        Possibly........... The Marina is in KY and the Numbers on the boat say Tennessee.
        Last edited by marvinsc; 09-26-2023, 07:02 AM.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

IMG_6753 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Harvest time in West Kentucky.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

IMG_6757 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Took a 60 mile ride to Columbus KY today, this is the Giant Anchor and a portion of the chain that the Confederates stretched across the Mississippi river early in the Civil War to stop Union boats.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              [u. . . . . .
              .... this is the Giant Anchor and a portion of the chain that the Confederates stretched across the Mississippi river early in the Civil War to stop Union boats.
              I had heard of that being done.
              Intersting that it still exist and on display.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

....................20231002_164943.jpg

Comment

Rode to an area where sometimes see some marsch land birds.

Was a lot of the big white swans.

Was looking around,
                  there is an egret (too distant),
                  swan,
                  swan,
                  heron,
                  duck,
                  more ducks,
                  swan,
                  swan,
                  swan,
                  swan,
                  swan,
                  swan,
                  swan,
                  huh? What? huh!

Comment

I had heard of that being done.
                    Intersting that it still exist and on display.
                    It was re discovered after a bad flood in 1937, It had been under several feet of mud at the bottom of the Mississippi River. The state park was built with CCC/WPA labor with the Anchor and chain and several cannons as the focus.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

a pelican.
                      Not suppose to be in Michigan.
                      Summer in mid Canada, and migrate through central plaain states to gulf states for winter.

I have been back a few times.
                      Is one pelican in with a bunch of swans.
                      Word has got out on birder sites, and local face book groups.
                      So lots of photographers and birders there. Have been some great pics from folks out in boats.

Comment

The back story of Columbus-Belmont.

IMG_6761 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Where I've been Riding

Comment

a pelican.
                          Not suppose to be in Michigan.
                          Summer in mid Canada, and migrate through central plaain states to gulf states for winter.

I have been back a few times.
                          Is one pelican in with a bunch of swans.
                          Word has got out on birder sites, and local face book groups.
                          So lots of photographers and birders there. Have been some great pics from folks out in boats.
                          Maybe the pelican identifies as a swan.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

...........................Screenshot_20230624_210950_Photos.jpg

Comment

Bunch of turkey vultures.....or as I call the
                              " UNDERTAKERS" LOL

20231003_083400.jpg

Comment

image.pngTurkey vulture on my house a few days ago​

Comment

Working...
                                X