Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trent View Post
    Plastic barrel park district uses for garbage cans, can has a chain going to a post, I guess so Plastic barrel doesn't walk away.

Guess this guy climbed up the post and into the barrel and couldn't get out.

So I tipped the barrel enough that the critter could get out and run back into nearby woods.

Screenshot_20231102_093525_Photos.jpg
    Ha! We came acrossed the same thing. Well, same but different critter...

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Went for ride Saturday

Went to this place to get view of beach/pier when was expecing a lake frieghter to come in.

You can see the ship name there.
      Is 766ft, about the biggest one that comes in here. Has stern thrusters and bow thrusters so can make the turns in the river channel. (that propeller looking symbol on the side there is to indicate presents and location of the bow thruster).

Did he give out the Barker bark? I have watched almost every video from that Dre Designs person and she loves to capture that
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

An old Orchid shot I played around with a bit.

P1000421-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg by soates50, on Flickr
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

Did he give out the Barker bark? I have watched almost every video from that Dre Designs person and she loves to capture that
          Yah, That DRE Design is quite a ship watcher. Lives on a channel, and has gotten to know some captains and crew members. And travels around to Soo Locks and other places to greet the ships.

Yah, THe Barker Bark (as some ship watchers call it) is remarkable for how loud and how low of a tone the horn is. That is from the James R Barker (1976, 1004ft). SOmewhere I saw the horn is acatually two horns
          The Best and Loudest Boat Horn on the Great Lakes - James R Barker #shorts - YouTube.
          I have not expereinced it.​

My pic is of the Kaye E Barker (1952, 766ft) comming into GRand Haven here.
          And that is about as large of a ship that can make it thru the turns in the river channel here.

ANd there is a third Barker ship, Mark W Barker (2022, 639ft).

Last edited by Redman; 11-22-2023, 11:13 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Maybe more for "random photo".....

Had a great time at grandson 3yo birthday party.
            At first he was shy about everybody looking at him while we all were singing Happy Birthday.

I noticed that I could step behind him and get a shot to document everyone there (and they all looking that direction), so I did.

But later, looking at the other g'mas vidio, I see that his reaction to it all was quite significant.
            At first he was quite shy, but then he was looking at individual persons, and look at the cake, and then look at more of each individual person. He made so many happy expressions.
            I found it quite moving to see him so happy.

I took snagged screen shots from gma vidio and added them around my shot. Purposly Made the happy-face-screen-shots the attention point, and my photo just for supplemetary documentation.
            My cut-n-paste (just PaintDotNet) is kinda crude (I know, I should learn more about the Affinity package I have.) but I really like this composite for the remeberance and the significance of the event.

On a minor note: Some of you may recgonize Jay RedmanSIL on far left, and Justin RedmanSon on far right.​

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redirected here from another thread for incorrect pics.

For my prior corporate sins, I now work in the community recycling/reuse sector in NZ. One of the sites rents space and gifts materials to upcyclers, repairers and artists. This the work of one of the artists.
              ​​​​​​

​​​​​

​​​​​​​

"Johnny the boy has done it again... This time its a scrubber"
              ​​
              Darryl from Kiwiland

1982 GSX1100S Katana 1982 GSX750S Katana 1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Steampunk meets Harley? What ever they are i like both of them .
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

image by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Taken less than 2 miles from home this afternoon. First Pair I have seen outside the Land Between the Lakes.
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                    image by Scott Marvin, on Flickr .
                    Bald eagles?
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yes, I have seen a single one a few times. Seeing a pair was a surprise.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                        Yes, I have seen a single one a few times. Seeing a pair was a surprise.
                        Went again this afternoon and they were back. Same tree.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Might be on a recon mission for a nest site. Or food (most likely) There is a nest about 2 miles from my house and the pair had a duck lunch in my back yard.
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                            There is a nest about 2 miles from my house and the pair had a duck lunch in my back yard.
                            That's pretty cool. We frequently have eagles and falcons nesting in skyscrapers in Manhattan. They usually pick ritzy fifth avenue locales, then the tenants argue with each other over destroying the nests. I guess they're worried about the pigeon population?
                            Last edited by Rob S.; 12-24-2023, 07:10 PM.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Out early enough that catwalk lights still on, and beacon lights still flashing (takes some effort to catch both on at same time).
                              Two pics this morning.
                              Less than a minute apart, and maybe 5 steps apart.

32degF, quite windy, sleet-snow.
                              It was a short walk this morning.

Comment

IMG_6838 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Who you looking at?.......

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X