Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post

.................... To m eye that one has sucha simple and pleasing design. ...

Yah, simple, and nice wood.... then notice is curved wood on top and bottom,
    , so simple apparence, but yet more involved construction/fabrication.

I found it interesting that some tubes are labled as "radio tubes" and some are "electronic tubes".
    I wonder if "radio tubes" were common for radio circuits, and not TVs.

I used to know about some tubes used for certain circuits, so knew what tubes were suspect for certain TV problems. So take those to the drug store tester machine, (drug store? hum, some store, dont recall specifically). ANd there would be someone already there that had brought every tube, and taking a long time to check each every tube.
    Whats the problem? Just a horizontal line? here check that one. Picture slanted sideways? here check this one or that one.....
    Had not thought of that in a long time. Thanks.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Doing this again

Last edited by Redman; 04-09-2024, 04:25 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

From the eclipse. What I thought was freaky was a sunset view 360° all around. 20240408_151355.jpg
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Me goofing around. I'm wearing my old welding glasses. Not really dark enough to look at the sun with... I'm still seeing spots! 20240408_145354.jpg
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Couple days ago Mrs. Eli and I went to visit our daughter. She lives up near Lake Ontario. We took a ride up to Olcott Beach and the ladies went to wander the shops and buy useless stuff. I sat on a bench and looked out over the water. I noticed what looked like buildings on the other side. I googled a map and realized that I was looking at Toronto. Here's the thing, you can't see the other side of the lake. It's more than 50 miles away and the opposite shore is below the horizon. I was seeing an optical illusion. It was Toronto, CN tower and everything, clear as day.

[/url]

It's called Fata Morgana. It was pretty close to the eclipse in weirdness..

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
              Couple days ago Mrs. Eli and I went to visit our daughter. She lives up near Lake Ontario. We took a ride up to Olcott Beach and the ladies went to wander the shops and buy useless stuff. I sat on a bench and looked out over the water. I noticed what looked like buildings on the other side. I googled a map and realized that I was looking at Toronto. Here's the thing, you can't see the other side of the lake. It's more than 50 miles away and the opposite shore is below the horizon. I was seeing an optical illusion. It was Toronto, CN tower and everything, clear as day.

[/url]

It's called Fata Morgana. It was pretty close to the eclipse in weirdness..

Now that is cool! I grew up in the beaches area of Toronto and spent many nights staring across the lake at the glow of the lights of Rochester NY but never saw anything like that. You were probably standing near were I was looking. I've witnessed that in the Nevada desert on Hwy 50 though.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

That is cool, Eli.
                Twice I have seen basically the same image of Toronto when looking across the lake from Niagara on the Lake . It was on a blazing hot, humid summer day and figured the moisture in the air might have had something to do with it. Now i know the real details.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

IMG_6956 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

A subject I have explored before.
                    Is a big custome made neon sign, about 35x10ft. Is vintage.
                    Has had sections out since fall, and more out over the winter, and the other day I notice all is back in operation.

Comment

Working...
                    X