• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks.
      Scott, its probably not worh a trip just for that. Its a small park surrounded by a city, and as far as cities go Parerson isn't a great one. Those falls and the goegraphy made Paterson a player back in the industrial revolution days. There are some interesting ruins nearby. Old buildings, water raceways that provided hydro power, etc. I spoke to a young man while there and he said its possible to get into the old buildings thru holes in the fence, etc but its too unfamiliar to me and too far from home to take a chance.

Some info on the park.
      Learn basic information about Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park, such as hours, directions, and things to do.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Weather here has been socked in with the typical fall valley fog and overcast for the last couple of weeks. Cleared up nice the last couple of days so got out and cruised around the area a bit and grabbed a few shots.

Mountain Reflections by soates50, on Flickr

Guarding the Homestead by soates50, on Flickr

Cdn Rockies Steeples Range by soates50, on Flickr
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Beautiful.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            . . .
            . . . .
            Great, Sandy,
            Impressive eagle shot. Includes part of the nest.
            I was wondering how much of a tele. I see is a 75-300mm zoom, and that shot taken at about 200mm.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

P1090312 by Dave Redman, on Flickr
              Shot I took a few days ago for "Trees" (but entered a different shot).
              The limbs in foreground, are limbs that have broken and fallen.
              I kinda like it, but realize is kinda strange, and would be of limited appeal to most folks.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Great, Sandy,
                Impressive eagle shot. Includes part of the nest.
                I was wondering how much of a tele. I see is a 75-300mm zoom, and that shot taken at about 200mm.
                That's correct and because it was taken with my GX85 that equates to about 400mm in real life. What's funny is that I took this one about 5 minutes before the other one. It is the other's partner chowing down on what is probably a tasty duck and I can just image the other eagle giving the old stink eye to the partner that was about 100 meters away wondering why supper wasn't being delivered. LOL.

Snack Time by soates50, on Flickr
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Island BMW bike night a few years ago held out at the Victoria airport...

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Island BMW bike night a few years ago held out at the Victoria airport...

And there is your bike, right in front of the prop.

Hey, you standing on the wing for a picture from up there?

Comment

And there is your bike, right in front of the prop.

Hey, you standing on the wing for a picture from up there?
                      lol..no it was taken by my buddy that is the GM of the shop. Bill.. great guy that lots for our community. 🙂
                      No signature

Comment

Spotted your Cooley with helmet right away.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                          Spotted your Cooley with helmet right away.
                          🙂 Nice to know 40 year old bikes still stand out amongst new bikes. 🙂
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            🙂 Nice to know 40 year old bikes still stand out amongst new bikes. 🙂
                            Any significance to the fact that of the 50-60 bikes there, your is one of the closest to where the girly models are standing??

Comment

Any significance to the fact that of the 50-60 bikes there, your is one of the closest to where the girly models are standing??
                              Haha...nice catch.
                              No signature

Comment

IMG_5558 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

IMG_5559 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Filler up and check the oil. What do you mean there is no Unleaded gas......
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X