A quick photo GS450S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick photo GS450S

Hello All, I thought I'd check out Flickr and try to post a couple pics of my '81 GS450S.

20190317_192336 by Larry Dennis, on Flickr

20190606_133631 by Larry Dennis, on Flickr

Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Nice! (Your links are working)
    I like that pinstriped front fender and gold rims! . You haven't got the S model's fairing? no big loss but it's the BIG DIFF between the E and the S.
    is that a " Duro" tire on the rear? I have one on my 400E. Work fine and cheap!

Comment

Cool. Larry, I haven't seen you here in a while. Hope all is well.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I wish I did have the "S" fairing. Original ones are very difficult to find. The tires are Shinko's...I forget the nomenclature off the top of my head.

I had put the Suzuki's away for awhile, as I was, and am, dealing with a bit of arthritis in my hands which make it difficult to ride very long and wrenching dang near impossible. The hands are feeling better these days and got the 450S out this spring and began messing around with it. I put on K&N pods, rejetted the carbs and have it running pretty well....except now the battery isn't charging, but, I'll get that fixed up soon.
        Larry D
        1980 GS450S
        1981 GS450S
        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Hi Larry! Sorry to hear your hands are a problem.

IIRC, we mounted Shinko 712 tires.

Holla if you need a hand getting the lil' booger's electrons properly corralled.

I think the twins are becoming some of the more desirable GS models. Very light, good power, good handling. So many got neglected as "cheap little bikes" that survivors in decent shape are somewhat rare
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Anytime you would like to stop over with your fancy electronical testing gizmos....you are more than welcome to, Brian. Just text me first to make sure I'm going to be home. At this point, it seems the R/R has gone kaput.
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

my mistake! The Duro went on the Honda.. There's not much choice on these narrow 18"rims but it sure is a nice bike to tootle around on with the narrow tires. My 400T has fatter tires and though it's a small difference, I notice it.

Comment

Working...
              X