No announcement yet.

Storm's Adventure Out West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed, my B-day is Sept 1st, but you don't have to send me a gift this year, the Corvette will be enough, but thanks...😋
    We, didn't do the whole Bourbon tour, but we did go to the Makers Mark Distillery! What a cool place and a fun tour. I even got to dip a bottle in the wax! I'm sitting here at a Bob Evans restaurant, I have 200 miles to home. I think I'm going to take the slow way home... Then tomorrow it's off to Mid-Ohio for the Vintage Motorcycle Days! I can't wait to get back to work Monday to relax! 🌞
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

This thread doesn't have near enough pictures. Come On Norm! Hopefully you're just waiting til you get back to flood us with great pics.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I made it home this afternoon. It was a stressful ride today with all the Ohio Highway Patrol out in force!
        5,966 total miles (9,601 Kilometers). I sure miss being out west, but it is nice to be home. The FJR ran perfectly, even in the 100° temperatures in Arizona/Utah/New Mexico. I never did make it to California. I guess the beauty of Colorado stopped me... I only had on bad vibe with people. This hotel manager gave me problems when I asked for a refund on the room he tried to give me. But I'd like to forget about that and think of all the great people I met along the way. The couple on the Harley in Moab, the cute hotel manager in Salida, of course Peppermint Patty, my friend Deb from Kentucky... I'm glad I didn't meet any Highway Patrol. Did you ever ride 100 mph? I mean 100 miles in a hour! I have, from Flagstaff to Moab... long straight roads.
        Attached Files
        My Motorcycles:
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)

Comment

Yes, I have.
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            I made it home this afternoon. It was a stressful ride today with all the Ohio Highway Patrol out in force!
            5,966 total miles (9,601 Kilometers). I sure miss being out west, but it is nice to be home. The FJR ran perfectly, even in the 100° temperatures in Arizona/Utah/New Mexico. I never did make it to California. I guess the beauty of Colorado stopped me... I only had on bad vibe with people. This hotel manager gave me problems when I asked for a refund on the room he tried to give me. But I'd like to forget about that and think of all the great people I met along the way. The couple on the Harley in Moab, the cute hotel manager in Salida, of course Peppermint Patty, my friend Deb from Kentucky... I'm glad I didn't meet any Highway Patrol. Did you ever ride 100 mph? I mean 100 miles in a hour! I have, from Flagstaff to Moab... long straight roads.
            Glad you are safe. What a great adventure. I feel awful not taking any pics! And yes, i have done long 100mph stretches. Long ago we drove the turnpikes, when they stamped the time you entered and the time you exited. We were on 900 Kaws. Looking at the time-stamped ticket and the number of miles, we figured we averaged 105mph. I forgot if it was the Oklahoma Turnpike or another one. Forgot the name...

Comment

Funny story; while I was riding on rt50 across Kansas, I had to slow down to go through a small town. I'm on the other side of town getting ready to ramp it back up again. All of a sudden I feel this WAP on my back! What the heck was that?! Did someone shoot me with a sling shot or something? Turns out it was one of my bungie cords came unhooked. It took me about 15 seconds to realize what it was...
              My Motorcycles:
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)

Comment

That would be unnerving. Gustov are heading to Us 50 next Thursday on our way to Colorado Springs.I look forward to it as the last time I was on US-50 there was no I-80.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks for posting up your adventures Norm. Helps us homebound riders feel like we're kind of out there too. Yes, please, pictures!
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                  X