seat foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat foam

Hi, I am rebuilding the seat on my 83 gs750e and was wondering if anyone has any foam recommendations?

Reach out to your local car upholstery shop - the one here in Centerville, Ohio is very knowledgeable but also very busy (just him and his wife)
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I used this company, and I'm pretty sure this is the foam I used, but not 100% on that, since it was over 2 years ago now that I redid my seat: https://www.thefoamfactory.com/openc...super-LUX.html

I think I got the 1/3 sheet of 3" thick foam and it was enough to do 2 seats. I called them and asked questions and they were very helpful in getting me what I needed, not always a guarantee now-days.
      1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
      1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
      Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

Anyone tried this?
        This quick tip from The Seat Shop will show you how to help restore a foam cushion using a steamer. This will give the old flattened down foam cushion some ...
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Not sure about the steamer. Wouldn't the foam be puffing up because you're introducing moisture into it, just like a sponge? When it dries out, it'll shrink again.
          1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
          2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
          2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Sealing up moisture into a vinyl covered seat sounds like a great way to lose a good seat pan, not to mention the smell!
            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
            X