Best Parts websites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Parts websites?

Have an ‘82 GS850 that needs some replacement parts (Petcock, Stator, Gaskets, etc). Any suggestion for online Suzuki parts retailers?

Seeing a bunch of stuff on eBay and Amazon, but a good portion of those selling leave the part number and basic dimensions out of the listing.

Many thanks

Any Suzuki dealer, including your local one, but most of us use Parts Outlaw in Florida
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I buy most of my OEM parts from Parts Outlaw....shipping is a bit slow but prices are good
      Wholesale Pricing On OEM Parts For Suzuki, KTM, & Yamaha. Specializing in Suzuki & Yamaha Vintage Motorcycle Parts.
      1980 Suzuki GS 1100LT
      16 Valve DOHC
      Original Owner

Comment

Partzilla is good too. For a stator I like Rick's. They are more expensive, but worth it in my opinion.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I also do most of my shopping at Parts Outlaw. Rick's does have good stators, yes, they are a bit more expensive. I have had good luck with stators from Caltric at a considerably more-reasonable price.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Almost everything I've ever purchased for my bikes comes from these four locations:

Parts Outlaw for genuine Suzuki parts
            Z1 Enterprises for aftermarket parts
            eBay for better deals on the above, when I can find them
            Walmart for Rotella 4 motor oil. (I order it online for those sweet, sweet bonus points on my credit card and then go in and pick it up.)
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Z1Enterprises for aftermarket parts is the go-to place for me as well.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Likewise. + http://cycleorings.com for GS carb o-ring kits, proprietor Robert Barr is a member here
                '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                '79 GS425stock
                PROJECTS:
                '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

I like Partzilla because I own old Kawasakis, and for some reason, they are the only supplier that has the parts fiches for the old Kaws on their website. Pricing is competitive, and my order pretty much always ships complete in 3-4 days.

Free shipping on parts orders over $149 too.
                  sigpic

SUZUKI:
                  1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                  HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                  KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                  YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

I actually will typically load my shopping carts full of the exact same parts at both parts outlaw and partzilla, and compare total price with shipping.
                    Parts Outlaw is a big dealership with a substantial internet prescence. Partzilla is a big conglomerate huge online parts dealer, including boats.net or .com and others...
                    '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                    '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                    '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                    '79 GS425stock
                    PROJECTS:
                    '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                    '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                    '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                    '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                    '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

PartsOutlaw got a good chunk of change from me. I bought my exhaust and rear shocks from Z1.

Ed

EDIT: I was never in a hurry to get my parts.
                      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 08-01-2019, 03:01 PM.
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I moved away from Parts Outlaw awhile ago when their shipping times became too great to be useful for "emergency" work, but still use them when I have plenty of lead time. Like Partzilla and I suspect most online retailers, they don't warehouse anything and are more of a parts gatherer/reshipper.
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

FYI: I just ordered 2 replacement cam cover screws and the tripmeter reset knob for the speedometer from Partsoutlaw. I thought $10 was a little high to ship 3 screw sized items so I searched for a discount code. It's funny because I searched on several coupon sites and did not find one and was resigned to spend $14, which was $6 less than Babbits wanted for the same items....and a second before I confirmed the transaction I look at the top of partsoutlaw page, the actual checkout page and it says enter 'OUTLAW19'

to get $5 shipping. So it appears partsoutlaw wants to give you $5 shipping but requires you to read their offer.... the sites that usually collect those coupons missed it. I backed up, entered the code, got $5 shipping and confirmed the transaction for just under $10. It's my first purchase with partsoutlaw.

one tip I can give is to go to the exploded diagram, get the actual suzuki parts number and then cross reference it in ebay and another parts site to get some clue what the value and availability of the part is. this eliminates sellers who don't know the part number of what they are selling but it's a start. I just had to replace the gear indicator switch because the neutral wire had broken at the sharp bend near the unit and the 2+4 wires were shorting to each other: Partsoutlaw wanted $54....Babbits wanted $55 and ebay had one for $14. I took my chances on the used one and it is working. It's a balancing act between value and reward.

Comment

Parts Outlaw are painfully slow, 10 days to two weeks wait. Sorry, I won't be going back there to save $5 on shipping anymore. My fav is Everett Powersports for whatever they sell. I realize they don't sell all the parts I am looking for but what they do sell they sell for a good price and they ship FAST!
                            GS550T 1981
                            GS850G 1983
                            GS650G 1982
                            GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Remember, no one has parts in their store for our bikes or even some of the newer models. They have to go to the warehouse to get them which can take up to a week. They then have to turn around and ship them to you. If you are using a local dealer like Everett would be to you, it wont take as long as going from Florida to the PNW. Parts outlaw is good because their prices are cheaper and I’ll shop there first for most things. However, if I’m in a hurry then I’ll suck up the extra cost and get it from my local shop
                              sigpic
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X