OEM Speedo / Tach recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Speedo / Tach recommendations?

After 37 years, the speedo on my 1982 GS650L started screaming. New cable, nope not it. Did all of the lubing, etc to the speedo, which would work for a little while, and then.... the needle itself just broke off about 1/3 of the way up the needle. I thought I saw a post a while back about someone who rebuilds them, but I can't seem to find it. Any ideas?

Otherwise, has anyone else had good luck with OEM replacements? Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

I got a speedo/tach setup off a 1980 gs550....but the 1982 version is slightly different. Searching eBay,this unit pops up...consider making a fair offer..it looks clean and unlikely to ne noisy!

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the help, Tom203. I went ahead and did a buy it now, so hopefully it works out. I hope you have a great holiday!

Comment

Should be ok...my original is still ok @ 59k. Had broken cable, broken wheel drive to torture it. Check your new units light bulb before install
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X