August 11th, Cafe Racer Magazine's 12th Annual Bike Show in Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 11th, Cafe Racer Magazine's 12th Annual Bike Show in Pittsburgh

Cafe Racer Magazine's annual bike show in Sewickley Pennsylvania Sunday August 11th 2019. This is a really nice motorcycle show in a beautiful park setting. Sure there are a lot of quality cafe motorcycle builds, but also some modified and vintage stuff too, everyone is welcome. Also this year Royal Enfield will be there with demo rides. If you are within a 4,000 mile radius of Pittsburgh, I'd recommend coming to the show! ��
    Last edited by storm 64; 08-05-2019, 09:27 PM. Reason: Edit the miles for Larry
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    Cafe Racer Magazine's annual bike show in Sewickley Pennsylvania Sunday August 11th 2019. If you are within a 100 mile radius of Pittsburgh, I'd recommend coming to the show!
    Well geez norm, I guess this leaves me out.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Jabcb, what motorcycles are you bringing to the show this year? So I know where to look for you. I'll be on the FJR this afternoon for the Mods Rocker thing. Tomorrow I'll probably be on the HD road king. Hope to see you 👍
      My Motorcycles:
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Jabcb, what motorcycles are you bringing to the show this year? So I know where to look for you. I'll be on the FJR this afternoon for the Mods Rocker thing. Tomorrow I'll probably be on the HD road king. Hope to see you 
        Don't forget to wear all the pirate gear. Also, half helmet, cut off shirt sleeves and mostly, don't forget the handlebar tassles.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
          Don't forget to wear all the pirate gear. Also, half helmet, cut off shirt sleeves and mostly, don't forget the handlebar tassles.
          Haha, not my style. I'm probably the funniest looking Harley rider out there. Full helmet, sport riding jacket, boots gloves... I'm trying to sell this thing, I need to get it out there... I'd like a new Tiger 800 or FJR for next years riding season! 🌞
          My Motorcycles:
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
            Don't forget that silly whip too
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
              I was planning on bringing the newly finished GT550 cafe build but I’m currently working on the carbs & wiring.

I rode a 1986 Honda CB700SC to Mods vs Rockers. Have pics in a Flickr album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmG18Ggy (The last two pics are early in the event before lots of the bikes showed up.)

Will probably take a 1969 Suzuki T350 to the Cafe Racer event tomorrow.
              Yeah, I saw your bike. I got there late (3:00) I parked on the street. I did make it in time for the Pin Up Girl Beauty Contest, that was fun. Also for the Chinese raffle, wasn't that young girl doing the announcing a hoot! She really hammed it up with the microphone. I'll be at the Sewickley show tomorrow around noon. I'll look for your bike.
              My Motorcycles:
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)

Comment

Hey Norm, can we expect to see pics from this event any time soon? Are there any other GSResources members there?
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

I forgot, I was hoping to have made it, it isn't that far (5 hours).
                  Could have stayed overnight....

1979 GS1000

Comment

Thanks for posting the link to your pics, jabcb.
                    Looks like a huge variety of styles.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yes Jabcb, thanks for posting pictures. I had a wonderful day yesterday the weather was beautiful, low humidity, plenty of sunshine, perfect! It was nice seeing Jabcb and his beautiful motorcycle (1969 T350) My buddy Chuck loved it, we both voted for it. On the voting slip it had a place for comments, I put "Just a clean original Zook" 👍 By the way who did win? We left before the awards. The motorcycle parking area was just as good as the show bikes! Next year I'm bringing some hardware! A fantastic show with some great folks.
                      My Motorcycles:
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)

Comment

Those photos are great! I really appreciate the T350!!

I had a '72 T250 that I was riding when the old Triumphs were still on the road.

I still love 2 strokes and wanted the 350 or the 500 Titan, when they came out.

1979 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
                          Pics of the Pin Up Girls & a Suzuki GS1100G that I didn’t notice are on the Mods vs Rockers Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steelcitymodsvsrockers/
                          That young girl definitely has an impressive stage presence for someone her age.
                          Any chance the pictures are viewable someplace where I don't have to sign up for a Farcebook account?

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                          X