Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 GS750E A Whole New Learning Experience

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum as I just picked up my first GS. I purchased a 1984 GS750E(Will post a pic or two soon). I understand these are the same bikes as the GS700E in the United States(I am up in Canada). So I need some help from you guys if possible because well I am having issues as to a couple things

-Is there a repair manual I can purchase for this bike?If so which one?

-What is the difference specifically between the GS700E and the GS750E from 1984? I understand that it is pretty much the same bike but as far as parts go are they the exact same?

-What model parts interchange with this bike? I have seen lots of parts for 85 GS700E's and 83 GS750E's. Not sure if these are the same as my bike or not.

-How important is the stock airbox? Is this a part that I can find with relative ease?(It has air pod filters right now from the last owner)

-Anything I should look out for?

Overall I am super excited to start working on the bike, I will probably put it back to all stock if possible. It needs some work for sure. If not just the paint then the pegs being wobbly and the pipes aren't lining up properly. Everything supposedly works though. Haven't really been able to test it as I got it as a straight trade for my old Kawasaki kz440 ltd.
    Please teach me your guy's tricks with your superior knowledge of GS bikes and have a great day!

Some pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/E0PyvLE
    Last edited by CHUGCOFFEE; 08-12-2019, 02:31 PM.
    1984/85 GS750E

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome to TheGSR.

Are some other members in BC, and at least on in Vancover, and at least one on the island.

I cant tell you much about the Es, and not much about the 85s (engines look different than early 80s Gs).
      Although have seen that at least two member got an 1100E engine in the 750E frame of the 84 85 models.

Do internet Search for "Basscliff Bikecliff" to find his website that has lots of GS manauls and info.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here, found it

It does list some manuals for 750Es but I dont know enough about them to know how specific needs to be for yours.

Comment

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it! At the moment I am trying to source some parts like the air box because I believe the carbs on mine are CV. Manual helps a ton!
          1984/85 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by CHUGCOFFEE View Post
            ................. I believe the carbs on mine are CV. .....
            Yes (as any GS from 1980 on)

Comment

Working...
            X